Sabbath Ground

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 gives employees the right to ask for schedule adjustments in order to practice their religion. However, it also gives employers the right to refuse these requests if to do so would cause undue hardship on the company,"
If they can find someone to volunteer to switch with you then they should, but they can't force someone to switch to accommodate you
People find God on Death Row and on Tuesday-Saturday schedule.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 gives employees the right to ask for schedule adjustments in order to practice their religion. However, it also gives employers the right to refuse these requests if to do so would cause undue hardship on the company,"
If they can find someone to volunteer to switch with you then they should, but they can't force someone to switch to accommodate you
You cave for one it will never end. The answer is to quit. Start a business.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Give an inch and they'll take a mile.
54 ,40 or FIGHT!!!!

IMG_1542.JPG

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have a serious question regarding the Tues. - Sat. schedule.

In my building so I've heard, lower seniority Pre-loaders and PT Cover Drivers have no choice... but, can he or she say that they honor the "Sabbath" (God's day of rest). to not work the Saturday schedule. Does UPS take religious beliefs into perspective?

Have you gotten better answers in this thread or the other one?

iruhnman630

A person in my center supposedly signed some type of religious papers from upsers or HR and got it approved so he doesnt have to work after sunset on Fridays. Saturdays havent started at my center yet...
I hope they don't plan on forcing a higher-seniority employee to work Saturdays to fill the spot.

Do you have Saturday ground? We aren't allowed to work six punches anymore. Except during peak of course.
Coming sometime around September 1st. Have not heard one word about who will work Saturdays. Some FT drivers are demanding that PT air drivers do Saturdays before FT package car drivers. I feel that would be a bad precedent to set.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Coming sometime around September 1st. Have not heard one word about who will work Saturdays. Some FT drivers are demanding that PT air drivers do Saturdays before FT package car drivers. I feel that would be a bad precedent to set.
Pt air drivers delivering Saturday ground. Lol yeah right

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
PT air drivers have pretty much been eliminated in my building. They tell us Saturday ground is not coming any time soon, but I look around at all the FT drivers we have now and know that mgmt is full of crap.