Sales lead ideas

rockymtnupser

rockymtnupser
Still gettin bothered about sales leads? Do what I did. I put my sups cell phone number in with a phony ebay business name our centers address and put in the comments line. "CUSTOMER IS REAL EXCITED ABOUT UPS." Got a good laugh out of the rest of the drivers.:laugh:

raceanoncr

Still gettin bothered about sales leads? Do what I did. I put my sups cell phone number in with a phony ebay business name our centers address and put in the comments line. "CUSTOMER IS REAL EXCITED ABOUT UPS." Got a good laugh out of the rest of the drivers.:laugh:

And risk getting busted by eBay and UPS for fraud or misrepresentation? No thanks.

local804

pretty funny

SmithBarney

All UPS has to do is look in the SLIM report to see who summited the lead and your busted and not worth it JMO.

Nah just fill in the card with no information(the old style)
Granted our center never taught us how to use the DIAD to
do sales leads...
or Driver Follow ups...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why dont we give all the offices in an office building the same discounted rate? If the driver has to go into the building might as well try to get all the packages out of it we can. Fedex does this at some buidings why cant we?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Nah just fill in the card with no information(the old style)
Granted our center never taught us how to use the DIAD to
do sales leads...
or Driver Follow ups...
SLIM Go to special counts, click on sales lead, fill out, hit the check mark.
DFU type in the address and the tracking number, hit pkg info hit 6, ni, cl, nr, found..etc..

Cementups

Box Monkey
We've been told that you can no longer submit leads thru SLIM. Driveres were abusing it and putting in numerous bogus leads so now management and the sales team has been just ignoring most of them.

Salesguy

Sales Member
I'm sorry but grown up adult UPSers are wasting sales time and UPS money? :sad:

Ineffective salespeople lead to less growth.:mad:

Cost will rise, so jobs are at stake.

If people of our own company would do this they should seriously ask them selfs if its not time to find a real hobby, because this is just sad.

What kind of frustrated people are you?:crying:

clockrider

brown did nothing 4 me
I submitted 6 solid sales leads and the telemarketers we have following up are a JOKE. These were all businesses shipping DHL and FEDEX air packages, and the sorry people working for the telemarketers closed them stating they were invalid. I will never submit another one again. Why don't we have our own LOCAL sales people making visits like they used to in the stone age? I know of people who ship at the customer counter (oops, customer center), and they requested info for an account and never got called. And we wonder why we are losing market share to FedEx and DHL? DUH!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm sorry but grown up adult UPSers are wasting sales time and UPS money? :sad:

Ineffective salespeople lead to less growth.:mad:

Cost will rise, so jobs are at stake.

If people of our own company would do this they should seriously ask them selfs if its not time to find a real hobby, because this is just sad.

What kind of frustrated people are you?:crying:

Frustrated not, I just do whats asked. See a fes ex freight trailer, get the name and a phone number, been there done that.

Lost an account to fed ex, worth 50 50 pd pkg per week inbound, used to be mine, now fed ex is doing it. Submit it and get no volume available. Next week, got them back. Do I get credit, who would know, we cant access slim on line anymore.
Your right, why waste my time when I get boned on that. No time allowed for driver marketing, no sales rep to speak to. Most of the 1600.00 I have made "this" year was because of me, their driver, not their "sales rep".

Frustrated yes, tell us to do something and cant get follow up. :crying:

mis_load

Sales leads, this year we want all drivers to submit one lead that produces volume. In our center we have about four drivers that submit leads all the time and after about three weeks and a supervisor following up on all the leads they final get sold. But why is it the center supervisor responsibilty to follow up?? Isn't that why we have a BD Dept.??