Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

UPSjedi41

Word is we are keeping Saturdays but scaling back tremendously. We average 17/18 routes on Saturday. They are looking to put @11. We will see

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Our Saturday routes are getting sliced in half this week. But preload staffing is staying the same?
Saturdays have never been consistent here. One week it is light and dandy, the next week I'm slammed and everyone is in the red.

It also can vary car per car quite a bit. Years of inconsistent time studies compounding from a 4+ route split means they likely have no clue how much work is actually getting dispatched to each driver.

Last edited:

bumped

I talked to a supervisor that has spent the last year with Saturday implementation. He was pulled off just recently and believes its just until the contract is done.

DOK

I talked to a supervisor that has spent the last year with Saturday implementation. He was pulled off just recently and believes its just until the contract is done.

I heard just delivering Walmart and amazon on Saturday’s.

shalang

I've heard talk of it as well. I don't work Saturday so not sure what's exactly going on but, I asked my center manager directly and he said yes they are scaling back Saturday. I've never heard about getting rid of Saturday ground completely.

Only some hubs (smaller ones) are apparently getting rid of ground and are switching back to Saturday Air operations only. The ones in the big cities are keeping it.

Our hub is keeping Saturday Ground and bringing back Saturday Air operation as it used to be before they laid off the air drivers.

We'll see how long this one lasts. Too many late NDAs as they keep consolidating routes and giving more and more to each driver.

JustDeliverIt

Just talked to my dispatch supervisor last weekend about this. He said in June they are re-evaluating things since Saturday's are not profitable. But the next thing he said is we'll see if anything changes, because Amazon wants their stuff delivered. So I don't think they even know what they're doing week to week.

shalang

Just talked to my dispatch supervisor last weekend about this. He said in June they are re-evaluating things since Saturday's are not profitable. But the next thing he said is we'll see if anything changes, because Amazon wants their stuff delivered. So I don't think they even know what they're doing week to week.

Which is exactly like the sort. Making changes to the way we do things everyday and always finding out that there is no alternative and that they are just screwing things up.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don’t believe Saturday’s aren’t profitable. They don’t do :censored2: unless it’s making profit.