Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

F

Frankie's Friend

It's only available for the initial post.
20180504_225939.jpg

Staydryitsraining

If one considered the company proposed paying weekend drivers only 18.75, then one might assume Saturday is being cut, put on hold or sliced in half until it is decided what will happen in the contract. Saturdays arent profitable. Reis's need to be thick to make what they say is profit. Saturdays are drivers wasting time covering 4 different areas.

If one considered the company proposed paying weekend drivers only 18.75, then one might assume Saturday is being cut, put on hold or sliced in half until it is decided what will happen in the contract. Saturdays arent profitable. Reis's need to be thick to make what they say is profit. Saturdays are drivers wasting time covering 4 different areas.
All of our Saturday ground drivers are in their first or second year and make less then $20/hr. Kept our Saturday air drivers except they were bid as Tues thru Saturday EAM routes. Half of them make a lot more per hour then the Ground drivers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Delivering single light weight packages to residential areas has never been profitable. I think we will continue Saturday Ground and I think the company is going to get into Sunday delivery as well.

Brisket

Five areas from what I hear here.

opie

They kicked out all the air drivers to the curb. Many have moved on. Most of the Saturday air drivers we had were making more than a FT driver in progression. Now they will have many $12.50 air drivers to work Saturdays.

Package Slanger

I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?

In my center they cut routes, and stops are down per car, but they make us drive more miles now. It sucks. Used to drive 92 miles on Saturday, with 194 stops average punch out at 5. Now, 166 stops, 130 miles, punch out after 6....trash

Heavy Package

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?

Yes - It's happening here. Just made it official this week; only 2 more weeks of Saturday ground and then it's back to air only. Maybe lasted a year. It was a money pit and a cluster and the drivers hated working Saturday due to lack of planning and horrible dispatch. But let's double down on Sunday, right?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I talked to a supervisor that has spent the last year with Saturday implementation. He was pulled off just recently and believes its just until the contract is done.
that guy is an idiot, these changes are what the Districts have wanted since day 1

I heard just delivering Walmart and amazon on Saturday’s.
there is barely any amazon or walmart on the cars i see, mostly middle market stuff

Don’t believe Saturday’s aren’t profitable. They don’t do :censored2: unless it’s making profit.
the cost/piece on sat delivery sucks

pickups are very profitable

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I thought the whole reason behind Saturday ground was to compete with others providing that service?

Oak

If Saturday ground is ending, why would they be pushing for the new classification of drivers? Would management lie to us? Smoke and Mirrors I say.