Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

Johney

Don’t believe Saturday’s aren’t profitable. They don’t do :censored2: unless it’s making profit.
UPS only considers it profitable when they pick up packages. If you aren't picking anything up they're not making money. I've seen what little our building picks up after a Saturday operation and it not good.

Johney

that guy is an idiot, these changes are what the Districts have wanted since day 1

there is barely any amazon or walmart on the cars i see, mostly middle market stuff

the cost/piece on sat delivery sucks

pickups are very profitable
See? Straight from the horses mouth......ah dinosaur.

opie

that guy is an idiot, these changes are what the Districts have wanted since day 1

there is barely any amazon or walmart on the cars i see, mostly middle market stuff

the cost/piece on sat delivery sucks

pickups are very profitable

Pickups profitable, but with this new "on time" initiative, pickups could be lost. Because they are pushing for earlier pickups in some areas. Some businesses may not be ready or want earlier pickups. Could cause them to go to FedEx. Where I am, they haven't changed anything yet. But some parts of country, I heard they moved all pickups up by an hour. Just another money losing idea.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Pickups profitable, but with this new "on time" initiative, pickups could be lost. Because they are pushing for earlier pickups in some areas. Some businesses may not be ready or want earlier pickups. Could cause them to go to FedEx. Where I am, they haven't changed anything yet. But some parts of country, I heard they moved all pickups up by an hour. Just another money losing idea.
no pickup times have changed in my district unless the customer agreed to it

i haven’t heard anything different anywhere else

shalang

Are they using strictly air drivers for the operation that's restarting or cover? If I'm not mistaken they cant use cover for only air.

Haven't seen any of the Sat Air forms at HR and theres only 1 or 2 that are still Sat Air and willing to drive.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Are they using strictly air drivers for the operation that's restarting or cover? If I'm not mistaken they cant use cover for only air.

Haven't seen any of the Sat Air forms at HR and theres only 1 or 2 that are still Sat Air and willing to drive.
they'll use 6th punch FSP until they shake it out

Chnandler Bong

It's not only Saturdays that they are losing money...that was expected for a while until things normalized. But Mondays are a nightmare. Losing stop density 2 days per week means losing efficiency and production. Our center is scaling back and only delivering Saturday ground for certain shippers, but will continue to make pickups for those that want to pay for it. They've even said that if 6 packages are going to the same address on Saturday, only the packages from those designated shippers will be delivered and the rest held for Monday. No word yet on whether Air Drivers will be back in play locally.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Asked my center manager today about Saturdays. Here to stay at our hub.
Told him I am ready to switch back to M-friend. He burst out laughing and said maybe by the time I’m finished with progression.

MendozaJ

My building is waving the white flag. I'd like to thank all of the drivers that did not finish their Saturday loads (not that it was physically possible), absorbed the harassment to work faster, and ended this year long experiment safely with zero incidents.

Fridays will feel good again.

john chesney

I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?
Ya they’re replacing it with Saturday and Sunday delivering

Tony Q

I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?
Fat chance

Dumbo

This :censored2: is all contradictory, confusing, and hearsay.

So basically from what I've read so far: 2nd class drivers for Tuesday through Saturday, yet they are cutting Saturdays because they aren't profitable, yet want to implement Sundays.

Also let's vote on a strike authorization without any information about anything whatsoever from UPS rising or the teamsters website.

Might as well start a thread that we are going to start driving around in pink trucks shaped like elephants that are fueled by Lucky charms and dreams. Haha.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This :censored2: is all contradictory, confusing, and hearsay.

So basically from what I've read so far: 2nd class drivers for Tuesday through Saturday, yet they are cutting Saturdays because they aren't profitable, yet want to implement Sundays.

Also let's vote on a strike authorization without any information about anything whatsoever from UPS rising or the teamsters website.

Might as well start a thread that we are going to start driving around in pink trucks shaped like elephants that are fueled by Lucky charms and dreams. Haha.
Denis T told everyone at the unity conference

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A srike authorization is a common bargaining tool that a union uses in almost every contract negotiation. It's no different than a customer threatening to move their volume to another company to get a better deal from UPS

Dumbo

A srike authorization is a common bargaining tool that a union uses in almost every contract negotiation. It's no different than a customer threatening to move their volume to another company to get a better deal from UPS

I get that but shouldn't there be some specifics on why they are seeking an authorization to strike? I understand not posting it publicly on social media but shouldn't there be a secure login where members can view specific proposals and numbers?

Dumbo

download.jpeg
You are over analyzing this.

Probably.
l9ADxE