Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

shalang

I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?
I've heard talk of it as well. I don't work Saturday so not sure what's exactly going on but, I asked my center manager directly and he said yes they are scaling back Saturday. I've never heard about getting rid of Saturday ground completely.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Timing seems almost perfect though right? Hire a ton of drivers then lay them off right before a contract. Make these guys hungry for money so they vote no on a strike.

Or am I just being paranoid? Lol

Indecisi0n

7103a208bd532edcec3ee477e4eaa4a9.gif