Say goodbye to the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What I can't get over is being repeatly told that I can't read, in the IBT trying to sell us on the notion that this language could actually mean something else:

-A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work the following eight named ho!idays-

You think I'm trying to sell you something.

I will acquiesce.... that it's confusing to the average layman.

The language could simply state:

"Seniority employees are paid holiday pay on these named dates. But if required to

work, you receive the premium pay
."

Problem solved.

If it isn't Article 40 that is being referenced as "otherwise provided in this agreement", where is it otherwise provided?

As I have pointed out in the past (numerous times)....

The Central Region language pre-dates.... Article 40.

What's your Local Union's opinion ?

Similar to mine ? :biggrin:

-Bug-

CaliforniaPaul

AS WE HERE OF HOW THESE COMPANYS LIKE WALMART AND FED EX ARE TAKING CARE OF THIER EMPLOYESS BY RETURNING THE FEDERAL TAX CUT MONEY THESE COMPANIES WERE GIVING BY (Walmart employess each getting 1000) FedEx employess 6% raises and improvement in pensions .. Ups Is wanting to take money away from Us. What a kick in the face to ups employees. And I will bet that the Friday after Thanksgiving will no longer be considered a holiday for Us . I wonder how much money UPS will save by that and then giving us some of the things we want . We deserve more for the way we are treated and the toll our bodies take. It’s ridiculous how a route can increase by 65 stops a day in 4 years . How does that happen .

F

Frankie's Friend

"Seniority employees are paid holiday pay on these named dates. But if required to

."

Problem not solved.

-Bug-
A cop out. Buts is your buddy? The contract (language) is printed to be read by average layman (laymen). Seems pretty clear to most of us @Bubblehead .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I'm not the "average layman", nor am I confused.

."

The language is sloppy and contradictive, period.

Problem solved.
We'll see in August???

....and I have asked you "The Historian" repeatedly, if not Article 40, what is this ancient language, "accept as otherwise provided in this agreement" referring too???

It's a "reasonable" question that you don't seem to want to answer?

If you are what you represent yourself to be, I guarantee it....

....as they never formulate their own opinions.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
....and I have asked you "The Historian" repeatedly, if not Article 40, what is this ancient language, "accept as otherwise provided in this agreement" referring too???

It's a "reasonable" question that you don't seem to want to answer?

It's not that I don't want to.... It's because I don't have an honest answer.

The people that negotiated it are long gone, and does anyone know what the

true intent was ? Doubtful. You and I have gone round and round about this.

My position has always been, it can't be in reference to Article 40 because

of the timeline. That's all.

I'm not the "average layman", nor am I confused.

That wasn't a personal slam. (believe it or not)

We have a mutual friend that speaks very highly of you.

(Bet you're wondering who that is) ;)

Besides, anyone reading your posts.... can deduce you've been around the block.

-Bug-

AS WE HERE OF HOW THESE COMPANYS LIKE WALMART AND FED EX ARE TAKING CARE OF THIER EMPLOYESS BY RETURNING THE FEDERAL TAX CUT MONEY THESE COMPANIES WERE GIVING BY (Walmart employess each getting 1000) FedEx employess 6% raises and improvement in pensions .. Ups Is wanting to take money away from Us. What a kick in the face to ups employees. And I will bet that the Friday after Thanksgiving will no longer be considered a holiday for Us . I wonder how much money UPS will save by that and then giving us some of the things we want . We deserve more for the way we are treated and the toll our bodies take. It’s ridiculous how a route can increase by 65 stops a day in 4 years . How does that happen .

Fedex is also trying to contract more and more of their business (Ground) with. Right now they are in the middle of changing the contracting.. making it harder and harder to own because margins are small for the contractor. Most contractors pay like :censored2: and don't offer benefits.

From what i was told, because of being a contractor and federal laws.. air is separated because ground cannot instruct the contractors to have commit times. It's a :censored2: show there, and I was glad to be out. As much as UPS has their issues.. could be worse.

BrownStains

It happens because you somehow make it work. My stop count has not increased, but decreased due to good ol Orion and the 9.5 list. Take your lunch in the middle of the day like normal humans do. Anyone at UPS that is willing to be a victim will be taken advantage of.
Thats what one thing that annoys me. At my hub there is all these drivers that take their lunch break after theyre done with the route. And they act like theyre doing right and not getting screwed by taking it after. Wtf is that? Thats not a lunch break.

Over disciplined0123

Thats what one thing that annoys me. At my hub there is all these drivers that take their lunch break after theyre done with the route. And they act like theyre doing right and not getting screwed by taking it after. Wtf is that? Thats not a lunch break.
I know I see that all the time in my center and annoys the :censored2: out of me. And to top it off at times they are being all chummy chummy taking lunch with the on car supervisors in the office .. little do they know that they will be dispatched heavier when thier lunch is coded out end of day ...

Over disciplined0123

Fear not! You’ll get your $1000-$3000 bonus. Unfortunately it will be on July 31st with the condition of “Just vote yes and it’s yours!”
Never Ups like to negotiate with bonuses but teamsters will always reject them . I received a couple in late 80s and early 90s.and a 500dollar bonus was 348after taxes 1000 dollar signing bonus which was only 600 bucks . Union would rather see them bonuses as a raise for sure

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Never Ups like to negotiate with bonuses but teamsters will always reject them . I received a couple in late 80s and early 90s.and a 500dollar bonus was 348after taxes 1000 dollar signing bonus which was only 600 bucks . Union would rather see them bonuses as a raise for sure
You said you’ve received them. But you said the Teamsters will always reject them? Which is it?