Schedule changes

Is there a timeframe as to when your schedule can be changed? My manager continues to change my schedule at the last minute so I was just wondering. Once in awhile is one thing but this is a weekly occurrence of last minute route changes and start times. There are even times I am texted late at night changing my start time for the next morning.

overflowed

Ignore the texts, say you turn off your phone when you go to bed. They can't do anything, show up at your normal start time. How can they fire you for that? Just say you couldn't get any sleep because they text you late at night. Scandalous.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Block your managers calls and text messages if possible.

What he's doing is total BS and it sounds like it's way out of control.

Well my manager certainly isn't giving a 72 hour notice to changes. I'll get a text the day before that my route and start time has been changed. It's also how he communicates during the day when on the route so I can't really block him. Thanks for your help on this. Just wasn't sure if I was going to have to go to the senior manager soon. I don't live my entire life for fedex and I do have things to do outside of that place. May as well be a swing driver at this rate.

MAKAVELI

Your manager should only be contacting you via the power pad during working hours. After working hours just simply ignore any texts or calls. You have to be assertive with your manager and let them know your phone is not for work. Otherwise they will just continue to walk all over you.

dezguy

Your manager should only be contacting you via the power pad during working hours. After working hours just simply ignore any texts or calls. You have to be assertive with your manager and let them know your phone is not for work. Otherwise they will just continue to walk all over you.

Unless FedEx is paying his cell phone bill, he should be ignoring all texts or calls from his manager. The powerpad is there for a reason.

I was a swing driver for over 10 years, for the first few years this was a huge issue with myself and another swing courier. We contacted HR and was sent a handbook outlining swing driver schedule changes. After reviewing the manual and consulting HR the proper procedure was, the schedule was posted Wednesday morning for the following week, the manager then couldn't make changes to the swing drivers schedule unless approved by the swing driver. This made it much better for the two of us swing drivers, several weeks I would average 5-10 changes during the week, after that the schedule rarely changed and I balked several times at changes.