Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters
Seniority practices aren't that hard to understand. Company vs classification is pretty straightforward. I'm getting the impression that you guys have way more off the street hires in feeders than we do and I can see why they would want classification seniority.
Lol. The guy that started the CCSC is Mike Jones... That's why he was going at you... Lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't blame folks for being unhappy about losing their seniority.
If everybody is so happy with the current system then it shouldn't be a problem to vote down this proposal right?

rama'nfeeders

Correct unfortunately members are being lied to about there CCSC. I just spoke to 2 people today and they both caught Terry and Mike in lies and there stories didn't even match. If you are going to pitch something make sure it's the same thing each and every time.....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had classification seniority years ago and got rid of it, I've never heard of anyone who wants to bring it back except for maybe a few junior drivers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had classification seniority years ago and got rid of it, I've never heard of anyone who wants to bring it back except for maybe a few junior drivers.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how anybody can think my 23 years of humping bundles should count for nothing if I choose to bid into feeders or a 22.3 job, or visa versa?

Thankfully, my Local recognizes full time seniority across all classifications and jobs, as it should be.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
For the life of me, I can't figure out how anybody can think my 23 years of humping bundles should count for nothing if I choose to bid into feeders or a 22.3 job, or visa versa?

Thankfully, my Local recognizes full time seniority across all classifications and jobs, as it should be.
I can see why off the street feeder drivers would think that, or guys who went to feeders after just a couple years FT. The bottom line is that no one is a big fan of seniority when they're the one getting bumped (been there) but it's one of the biggest perks we get after pay and benefits and you shouldn't lose it just because you change jobs.

rama'nfeeders

That is not the system we have if there was any change it should be redlined so no one gets hurt. There is no fair way to do this! I have along with the rest of the Members followed the system and paid my dues. I shouldnt lose anything nor should anybody else.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That is not the system we have if there was any change it should be redlined so no one gets hurt. There is no fair way to do this! I have along with the rest of the Members followed the system and paid my dues. I shouldnt lose anything nor should anybody else.
How are you losing anything? You still have the same FT seniority that you did before, the only thing that you "lose" is the right to select work ahead of senior employees. If you want to select work ahead of a 25 year driver then stick around for 26, what could be more fair than that?

Correct unfortunately members are being lied to about there CCSC. I just spoke to 2 people today and they both caught Terry and Mike in lies and there stories didn't even match. If you are going to pitch something make sure it's the same thing each and every time.....
No one is lying. You are just upset that this is getting to big for you to handle.

How about when a guy comes in ten plus years and is told "I can bump you" right when he gets in, by a guy with less company time, like a dog marking it's territory... If it was real seniority, the senior man wouldn't say much until the junor man starts bitching about how he can't have summer weeks. He would then put that junor teamster in his place... The way it should be... Not when a 1 month teamster tells a 10 to 25 year man " I CAN BUMP YOU "... What kind of :bsbullf: is that!!

Last edited:

oldupsman

Classification seniority is absurd to me. It's not even seniority. In my local you can go from any job, feeders or package,
to any center in the building and just dovetail in. You can even transfer from building to building in the local and just
dovetail in. You can follow your work if it leaves your building and dovetail in. And of course your part time date counts
as your starting date. Why wouldn't it.

Classification seniority is absurd to me. It's not even seniority. In my local you can go from any job, feeders or package,
to any center in the building and just dovetail in. You can even transfer from building to building in the local and just
dovetail in. You can follow your work if it leaves your building and dovetail in. And of course your part time date counts
as your starting date. Why wouldn't it.
It's so true...

rama'nfeeders

It's the system we have had for 3 decades...ok! All I am saying is that if any change occurs that it should be redlined and that your seniority date is when you are hired just like OLDUPSMAN said. I have been in this system for 27 years:part time and full time combined I played within the rules so myself nor anyone should have any of there years disrupted in the middle of there career. Start a new seniority list with the new system in Aug 1st, 2018 that simple.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's the system we have had for 3 decades...ok! All I am saying is that if any change occurs that it should be redlined and that your seniority date is when you are hired just like OLDUPSMAN said. I have been in this system for 27 years:part time and full time combined I played within the rules so myself nor anyone should have any of there years disrupted in the middle of there career. Start a new seniority list with the new system in Aug 1st, 2018 that simple.
What about all the full-time employees who have had their seniority ignored for years?
Why would they be exempt from the new system and how is that fair.

It's time for your Local to make it right for all full-time employees.

Seniority practices aren't that hard to understand. Company vs classification is pretty straightforward. I'm getting the impression that you guys have way more off the street hires in feeders than we do and I can see why they would want classification seniority.
Yes.. We have a lot of off the street feeder.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

What about all the full-time employees who have had their seniority ignored for years?
Why would they be exempt from the new system and how is that fair.

It's time for your Local to make it right for all full-time employees.
Why do you imply that company time is the only correct way to have seniority......classification seniority is also a good type of seniority......classification seniority is what has been used and voted on in that local for many years......why should it be changed because a small group wants it after being happy with it for 20 years

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why do you imply that company time is the only correct way to have seniority......classification seniority is also a good type of seniority......classification seniority is what has been used and voted on in that local for many years......why should it be changed because a small group wants it after being happy with it for 20 years

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So should I be able to transfer into your center from a different local and have more seniority than you?......that is if I've been humping bundles longer than you as you put it

You keep saying a small group... Do you have proof that a larger group wants it?