Sheeting damages as missed

ovrdspatchd

In my center, we actually had the head of security talk to us after a PCM. He made a point to tell us, to sheet any suspected damages as missed no matter what our sups or center manager said, using their names specifically. He also said it was our decision to attempt delivery of a suspected damage as long as the customer was notified. In some cases, they might need the package that day and would be willing to sign as long as it was noted in remarks field. So I'm wondering does he override management? I haven't had any since then or heard of anyone else.

canoworms

Ever been told to pick your battles wisely? Who really gives a **** what/how a package is sheeted? Just save the DIAD message telling to you do whatever they save and your ass is now covered.
Indecision, I am a Steward and battling is what I do. Not by choice but by circumstance. The Company raised this issue by having conflicting guidelines. I cannot allow the members to be put in a position of defending themselves without clear directives. This issue is a Canoworms and Canoworms will, by hook or by crook, get to the bottom of this.

S

serenity now

Indecision, I am a Steward and battling is what I do. Not by choice but by circumstance. The Company raised this issue by having conflicting guidelines. I cannot allow the members to be put in a position of defending themselves without clear directives. This issue is a Canoworms and Canoworms will, by hook or by crook, get to the bottom of this.

well, while you're working on that one find out why we can't use CH unless it's Christmas Eve and a business can never be recorded as closed ( got to be NI ) * insanity right?
right!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

well, while you're working on that one find out why we can't use CH unless it's Christmas Eve and a business can never be recorded as closed ( got to be NI ) * insanity right?
right!

What? I use closed all the time.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

UPS does not have conflicting guidelines; they have center teams who don't know, don't understand, or don't want to follown-for whatever reason-the instructions passed down from corporate. The center team is aware of the content of our DIAD training. I would follow the training in the DIAD; the oncar or mgmt may initially be upset, but they can't discipline you. OTOH, sheet things incorrectly and if you catch the eye of higher ups , you are forced to trust in the integrity of someone whose unwillingness to display so is why you are in the situation to begin with.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I may be a little anal retentive but I write every training I do in the DIAD down in my daily work journal. I always cover myself. You never know when you might get a new mgmt. team in and they have no idea what has gone on for the past 25 years!

You cannot go wrong by following the DIAD training. If the center manager directs you to go against it, you could bring up the prior training, the directions they (the center team) are suppose to use when giving directions we are to "follow as directed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
UPS does not have conflicting guidelines; they have center teams who don't know, don't understand, or don't want to follown-for whatever reason-the instructions passed down from corporate. The center team is aware of the content of our DIAD training. I would follow the training in the DIAD; the oncar or mgmt may initially be upset, but they can't discipline you. OTOH, sheet things incorrectly and if you catch the eye of higher ups , you are forced to trust in the integrity of someone whose unwillingness to display so is why you are in the situation to begin with.

Actually, what they are try to do, is to artificially put themselves above everybody who is following the corporate directives.
They are chasing numbers and falsifying records, plain and simple.
They are the same hypocrites that will land on you when you cross that line, so don't do it.
Hold them to the same standard they hold us to.
Despite what you hear here, there is no need for a double standard and if we act COLLECTIVELY, there wouldn't be one.

Actually, what they are try to do, is to artificially put themselves above everybody who is following the corporate directives.
They are chasing numbers and falsifying records, plain and simple.
They are the same hypocrites that will land on you when you cross that line, so don't do it.
Hold them to the same standard they hold us to.
Despite what you hear here, there is no need for a double standard and if we act COLLECTIVELY, there wouldn't be one.
Basically you can Always drop a dime.

screamin chicken

Its there game, we are told to sheet as missed, and even refused and RTS back to shipper, i think it all BS the pkg was not missed, or refused it a damaged pkg, this is there way of not paying which is BS it did not come from the shipper that way why should the shipper take the loss, as they cut routes, raise rates , and not pay for damages and then they want us to pay our health care, this is getting way out of control, COME ON UNION TIME TO TAKE THIS BACK!!!!!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sheeting the package as missed brings it back to the clerk so it can be inspected and start the damage claim process so the shipper can be re-imbursed. Sheeting it any other way is dishonest and heads should roll.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
as a return clerk, I've been waiting for years for management to come up with a better idea than to have drivers sheet damages as refused. there were many instances that i would just return these and find out later the driver thought he heard broken glass inside. of course by this time the customer tracked there package and called irate asking why there package was refused when they stayed home all day and never had a delivery attempt. i always thought it was borderline falsifying documents and wondered why there wasn't any "hold for inspection" option in the diad.

rowan

So I've had a lot of damages loaded lately. I send in message I'm going to have a missed package due to damage. We have to send in a message anytime we sheet as missed. Response I got was open up and look to see if damaged. Did not feel comfortable doing that. I did open and checked it, no damage. but still I did not want to leave a box that looked like we ran over it. Don't think ill do that again will just sheet as missed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So I've had a lot of damages loaded lately. I send in message I'm going to have a missed package due to damage. We have to send in a message anytime we sheet as missed. Response I got was open up and look to see if damaged. Did not feel comfortable doing that. I did open and checked it, no damage. but still I did not want to leave a box that looked like we ran over it. Don't think ill do that again will just sheet as missed.

You're covered with what you did ... why do you care? and delay service?

FilingBluesFL

I'm pretty sure we have damage clerks to do this job lol
I'd never, under any circumstances, open ANY box. Who's to say you did/didn't take something out and accuse you of stealing?

Never put your hand in the cookie jar.