shorting me on hours after clocking in....

UPS A

Talk to your supervisor to make sure they know you are going for mentoring early rather than just clocking in early.

I have people that show up way earlier than their start times, and UPS does not pay for people not on the clock... which begins when your start time is. I go over each of my people's time everyday to make sure they are accurate. However, if a sup doesn't know that you're coming in early for mentoring, they just assume you're coming in early and going to the bathroom or getting a snack before work.

Keeping tabs on your time using a planner is a good idea as well.
okay thanks Ill start doing that today

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'll call the local later today because depending on what supervisor you ask they each say a different thing about being paid for mentoring. If they are requiring me to be there, my feeling is I should be getting paid
By law, if the are requiring you to be there, they MUST pay you. Period.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll call the local later today because depending on what supervisor you ask they each say a different thing about being paid for mentoring. If they are requiring me to be there, my feeling is I should be getting paid

Yes, if you are required to be there, you should be paid for your time. Your start time should have been adjusted accordingly.

Print out your time card and/or pay stubs and submit a grievance asking for the lost time.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
10 mins a day x 28 days of working here adds up. Its been every day they are shorting me the 10 mins. I just noticed yesterday
you worked 330 to 8 30, that is 5 hours, you said they only been paying you for 4. They are taking an hour from you

Daf

Anything they direct you to do for them is “on the clock”

a joke and a waste of time. they go over all the crap you have to memorize or "you won't work here anymore"

8 keys of lifting and dehydration, lockouts...

Safety is key, my dude. You may think its bullspit, but one day if there is a fire inside or an evacuation and you know your evacuation area, you'll be glad. (My hub is planning an evacuation soon, and dear god I am scared at the chaos that will go on.) Knowing your lifting and lowering keys is a great thing to know too... over time you'll feel terrible if you're lifting unsafely everyday.

As a loader I thought all of this was bull:censored2: too, but as a supervisor, I've seen many people have to go on leaves for lifting related medical reasons, falls from obvious stuff... like keeping your area clear.

Stay Safe.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Safety is key, my dude. You may think its bullspit, but one day if there is a fire inside or an evacuation and you know your evacuation area, you'll be glad. (My hub is planning an evacuation soon, and dear god I am scared at the chaos that will go on.) Knowing your lifting and lowering keys is a great thing to know too... over time you'll feel terrible if you're lifting unsafely everyday.

As a loader I thought all of this was bull:censored2: too, but as a supervisor, I've seen many people have to go on leaves for lifting related medical reasons, falls from obvious stuff... like keeping your area clear.

Stay Safe.
What's lifting correctly?

Hint the research doesn't play out how ups tells you it does.