Shorts Recommendation

UPSGF17

Hi! My boyfriend has been working as a loader for the ereg belt the past few weeks and has been tearing holes in his shorts from all the boxes. Any recommendation on a brand that will last? I've tried jean shorts, but they get too hot, and gym shorts get torn up so easily.

Thanks!

Yo girl, what's up? What kind of shorts you been wearing?
PjBxu8aScPWlq.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hi! My boyfriend has been working as a loader for the ereg belt the past few weeks and has been tearing holes in his shorts from all the boxes. Any recommendation on a brand that will last? I've tried jean shorts, but they get too hot, and gym shorts get torn up so easily.

Thanks!
Get you B* a pair of Carhartt's.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We used to put tape on the pants so they wouldn't rip from leaning on the belt.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Thanks!
Duluth trading Co. Flex-firehose logger pants.

Observer

Purchased a pair of paramedic shorts at the Army/Navy surplus. They cost around $30 but after several years they are still lasting like new. Also try the work shorts from Tractor Supply. The best buys are the Wrangler or Levi brand shorts that you can pick up at a thrift stores 1/2 price sale. Also look to see if there is double stitching where the jewels are at. If it is single stitched you can guarantee it will rip out. Dickies, Carhart and Duluth are good also - but next to impossible to find at the thrift stores. Goodwill 1/2 price day is 1st Saturday every month. They are a little higher than City Thrift or Value World also try Salvation Army. They all have dressing rooms except for Value World. Your boyfriend could try the golf shorts that are out there - but they get too dirty and the fabric doesn't hold up. Also, try to pick up the Made in USA shorts. Most imports are poorly made and then the zipper dies in them. Happy hunting - also pick up some bargains for yourself - Good Luck

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Unless these are something you'd wear outside of work too, don't spend that much money to work here. Ask a couple drivers if they got any old pairs of uniform shorts they could give you or something. To make 9 or 10 bucks an hour for only a few hours a day isn't worth a couple pairs of $30 or $40 shorts.

LeadBelly

Banned

Thanks!
Don't let him leave the house in Jorts. That's a bad look.

Ghost in the Darkness

Back in my preload days years ago I would just patch them with iron on patches every so often. No point in wasting your money. I would eventually wear thru the patch and tear it off and iron on another. It got me through til I went FT.