Should we UPS drivers fear driverless technology?

wilberforce15

Trillions? Really?
Good catch.

They have trillions of total Tesla miles driven with cameras running.

They only have mere billions of miles of autopilot running that are logged, stored, and ready for analysis. Dojo will make fast work of it.

Autopilot miles vs total miles. My bad.

Either way they have an absolutely insurmountable lead in autonomous driving. You'd need a telescope to see the guy in second.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Good catch.

They have trillions of total Tesla miles driven with cameras running.

They only have mere billions of miles of autopilot running that are logged, stored, and ready for analysis. Dojo will make fast work of it.

Autopilot miles vs total miles. My bad.

Either way they have an absolutely insurmountable lead in autonomous driving. You'd need a telescope to see the guy in second.
So Tesla hit 1 million vehicles shipped this year.
Tesla produces its 1 millionth electric car - Electrek
This is from March, but will serve well enough for demonstration purposes.

So let's say they have 1 trillion total Tesla miles with cameras running.
That means that each Tesla ever made has to have logged 1 million miles.

I think that we need to be careful making up stats when we don't have hard facts to base them on.

Est.1998

Correct- I am not a pilot. Neither are you.
1606076924002.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The long run solution is simple. Distributed power generation. Every structure will be a power plant. Microgrids with megabattery storage like Tesla's megapack. Controlling software for grid management.

Large scale outages and vulnerabilities would be impossible.

The future involves very few power plants at all. Let alone new ones. This will gradually roll out over decades, and nothing will look the same in 2 or 3.
You’re a hardcore Popular Science junkie, aren’t you.

Box Ox

I posted a video of driverless cars perfectly handling construction, bicycles, multiple freeway interchanges, roundabouts, and pedestrians. You can find plenty of videos of it navigating one-way downtown streets and anything else.

People say the technology won't exist. I post direct evidence that it does. The case is closed. It doesn't matter how much Elon does or does not lie or what he owns. People are using the cars right now.

The guy landed a rocket on its own rear end. Betting against him is foolish.

We might not be decades away from companies getting robotic drivers/helpers right either. This is the #3 trending video on YouTube today.