Show up to work bonus

Wait and see when the non union part time wave comes if this contract as is passes. I think the turnout will be so great on this vote, it won’t come to that though. I’m used to the bullying from you masochinist and racist baffoons at UPS, doesn’t hurt me one bit.

Ahhhhhh, now I get it. It has nothing to do with the contract, you're just a full-time victim, regardless of the forum. First it's the contract, then you want a wage increase but freeze red-circles, now we're all "masochinists" because we don't feel the same about leaving the union. It's really just about you and getting yours, makes sense now.

DOK

The old mob rule mentality is about to get a rude of awakening. The grassroots power of social media is completely being overlooked by old out of touch white guys. If this contract doesn’t pass it’s in large part to social media. It’s an incredible and powerful vehicle for change with many more hearing the opposing sides.

It’ll pass, the fix is in...

Time for change

Go on social media, there are thousands that feel the same way about part time pay at UPS. Anyway I’m doing just fine in life, not a victim, a success story. How many of you would pull yourself up from the bootstraps after your husband died in Iraq and work two jobs and raise two beautiful girls? Fighting for a little more on a contract and willing to go non union doesn’t mean I’m a victim, it means I have more guts than any of you needing your union to lift you up.

PT Car Washer

Go on social media, there are thousands that feel the same way about part time pay at UPS. Anyway I’m doing just fine in life, not a victim, a success story. How many of you would pull yourself up from the bootstraps after your husband died in Iraq and work two jobs and raise two beautiful girls? Fighting for a little more on a contract and willing to go non union doesn’t mean I’m a victim, it means I have more guts than any of you needing your union to lift you up.
I am all with you except I would suggest you fight from with in the Teamster System. Be that PT Union leader that can actually make a change.

Time for change

Thanks pt car washer, that’s always been my first line of attack, and I want to do it within the union, but we aren’t here forever and I am putting this contract and a couple issues as my line in the sand. I firmly believe there is corruption within our union and they are in bed with the company. Without an uproar, nothing changes. I’m confident this contract as is will be voted down with a very clear no and I’ll still be paying dues for the next 5 years.

Days

I’m sure there were people telling Rosa Parks to calm down too. I’m used to it from you guys, you’ll hate empowered women. I’m calm and confident and promoting changing the status quo. No anxiety and no fear here.

You got spirit!

But in all seriousness, people are right that UPS keeps so many numbers scan rates, attendance, pph, times you shut the belt off and how long, misloads, bad load reports, or whatever. It doesn't matter who you are, they'd have a huge folder ready to fire you at a moments notice. The union protects jobs. I always hear about people losing jobs, getting fired or laid off and I'm fortunate enough to still be working here

DoYouEvenLift

I’m sure there were people telling Rosa Parks to calm down too. I’m used to it from you guys, you’ll hate empowered women. I’m calm and confident and promoting changing the status quo. No anxiety and no fear here.

I love how you think being colored makes you immune to being fired. I'm a minority too with lots of minority friends who work alongside me at UPS and not once, not even for a second, do I feel the color of my skin makes me immune to being fired.

You're seriously stupid

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love how you think being colored makes you immune to being fired.I'm a minority too with lots of minority friends .
tenor (10).gif

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

What is to stop ups giving bonus to new hires when 13 isn't enough because it's not so. Help me understand if someone making 11.50 will they be raised to 13.

PT Car Washer

What is to stop ups giving bonus to new hires when 13 isn't enough because it's not so. Help me understand if someone making 11.50 will they be raised to 13.
I believe $13/hr will be the new minimum PT wage and you can bet there will be more and more show up bonus paid across the country. Our show up bonus is a $100/wk for midnight and preload sorts.

cachmeifucan

They probably hiring many hoping to get yes votes but anyone hired after September 2017 is getting bonus and soon insurance wow the really bungled this contract.

Blackstream

I'm a part timer who thinks PT pay sucks and should be fixed, but leaving the union is by far and away the worst way to do it. If you have a problem with the way the union does things and they won't listen, gather up all the part timers and get them to vote NO on the contract until they fix it. That's what our vote is for. And if they force it through like last time, then you make it clear that you're voting them out and they'll no longer have a job.

Threatening to take yourself out of the union will just get met with a resounding 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out', opening yourself up to letting UPS treat you like how they treat their supervisors, and giving the union even less reason to fight for the part timers, now that there's less in their ranks.