So....

thedownhillEXPRESS

Good one Dano.
I bet you call irate customers with your personal cell phone right?
We don't have a company paid phone.

And I guess that explains "59 and all on time!!!"
Falsification can make anyone look like superman.....

hypo hanna

The problem is Dispatch CAN change the close time. But they are there to protect the PUP side of the routes. Dispatch doesn't care how many deliveries you have, how many will be late. Just don't have a late pup

. Dispatchers are told that if it comes to a choice between the two, a pickup takes precedent over a delivery. They don't have any special authority and I contend they get less respect then the drivers.

hypo hanna

I know that all too well, A couple of months ago, all our freight was late on Saturday. We finally left the building at 1045, and when I sign onto dispatch, I have an oncall in my PM area with an 1100 close. I sent dispatch a message to change the close time, as this stop was 50 miles from the station, 20 miles past my first delivery. They wouldn't change it, so I got there around 1600, and it was a ground package. Why we get 1100 closes on Saturday, when P1's aren't due in that area till 1630 is beyond me!
If this pickup had been booked past the cutoff for that area and the dispatcher is insisting you get it you should call your mgr ASAP. If it was a call CRT error there is no reason why a dispatcher shouldnt back you up. I would have put in comments on the cosmos file, on your msg screen and on the late report that it was a call CTr screw up.
Understand there are still kool aide drinkers in dispatch just like there are among drivers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
SURE! If you are willing to friend-A-L-S-I-friend-Y

Falsify? What's false about the customer cancelling the PUP? And then what's false about requesting a walkup PUP when you need one?

What's false about the customer cancelling the PUP and immediately scheduling a later one?

Now, there are plenty of ways to do it that border on falsification, sure. If you're tight with your customers it won't be a problem.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Good one Dano.
I bet you call irate customers with your personal cell phone right?

Huh?

And I guess that explains "59 and all on time!!!"
Falsification can make anyone look like superman.....

59 has nothing to do with FedEx, dude. I don't encourage anyone to falsify and I sure as hell don't falsify. I've walked a fine line on occasion, but almost breaking the rules isn't the same a breaking the rules.

hypo hanna

They have some leeway. Same old swan song as you receive a PUP with a 2359 close and after the PUP comes through the powerpad a few mins later is updated with an earlier close and the dispatcher initials in the PUP. Coincedence? NOT! I have had this happen on many occasions and even asked the customer when I got to the stop why they changed the close time and they knew nothing about it.
If he is doing that he is an idiot and his manager is not doing their job. In my time as a dispatcher a report was run daily that showed every stop that had its close time changed. If I had changed a time I was going to have to explain why the next day and if it wasn't a legit reason according to my mgr, I was signing some paper.

StuffItFred

Falsify? What's false about the customer cancelling the PUP? And then what's false about requesting a walkup PUP when you need one?

What's false about the customer cancelling the PUP and immediately scheduling a later one?

Now, there are plenty of ways to do it that border on falsification, sure. If you're tight with your customers it won't be a problem.

Sure there are ways to do that. Are you going to ask your dispatcher to call the customer and ask them to cancel the pup and schedule another one? Our dispatcher would not even respond to that message if I sent something as silly as that. And no I am not calling my customers with my personal cell phone. That is something I am not spending MY money on to help Fedex. If they provide me with a cell phone I will call every customer and ask them how their day is going and so forth.
Mmmmm, that falls under one of the SFA questions......I am provided the tools to do my job......LOL

STFXG

Most my customers have my cell phone number and call me any time they have a question. Customer service. From the sound of this board it's what express is severely lacking. Maybe a better effort would increase the number of customers you have. Rather than complain about sales selling the better product.

Pottsburg

You are a sucker then. FedEx doesn't pay your bill! Some people just dont get it. Your costing yourself money for what? to be fired or downsized soon.

As for a early close? i send dispatch a message. Im not going to make that close time, "you'd be wise to call the customer and have it changed." If they say no then I just get there when I get there. If the customer is pissed I just give them the number to dispatch and tell them the dispatchers name. hahaha Then I say you need to talk to his/her boss.

Owe and as for STFXG suck on this sucker you sucker. I bet you buy your own maps and cleaning supplies for your truck? Although any expenses like that can be tax write offs

STFXG

FedEx doesn't pay my bill directly. But it is a tax write off. Gotta keep that effective tax rate down!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Most my customers have my cell phone number and call me any time they have a question. Customer service. From the sound of this board it's what express is severely lacking. Maybe a better effort would increase the number of customers you have. Rather than complain about sales selling the better product.
oh don't be so full of yourself. Ground is no more a better product than Express than ground beef is better than filet mignon. It's just that it costs less, and that's what sells today. Pure and simple - so you can stop living in Delusional World right now.

STFXG

oh don't be so full of yourself. Ground is no more a better product than Express than ground beef is better than filet mignon. It's just that it costs less, and that's what sells today. Pure and simple - so you can stop living in Delusional World right now.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.t. Filet mignon? Really? Please tell me you are a female... I mean a good ribeye would be a Good analogy. I'd even take a tbone.

But with the hours you're facing you'll be eating chuck steaks until you retire...

Goldilocks

FedEx doesn't pay my bill directly. But it is a tax write off. Gotta keep that effective tax rate down!

Why are you even on this thread? Its clearly about Express not Ground. But, I have thought about all of this today and have come up with a good conclusion. Ground grew 18 percent last quarter and Express 3 percent. Those of us with Express, lets just sit back and let Ground support us. Right. Remember, we get benefits, retirement, 401 and those of us that have been here we make 26 dollars plus and hour. Go for it Ground, support us. Even the new hires at Express make more than ground will ever. Enjoy your profits because we enjoy having you work for us. Right...THE BIG QUESTION IS, WHO IS WORKING FOR WHO!!!

StuffItFred

It has nothing to do with customer service. I have ZERO issues with my regular customers and they say the same.

I just refuse to spend MY personal money on something to do my job and get nothing in return. Use your personal cell phone if you like. Freddy and the gang will love people like you and will enjoy using you until you see the light.

jmeti000

Why are you even on this thread? Its clearly about Express not Ground. But, I have thought about all of this today and have come up with a good conclusion. Ground grew 18 percent last quarter and Express 3 percent. Those of us with Express, lets just sit back and let Ground support us. Right. Remember, we get benefits, retirement, 401 and those of us that have been here we make 26 dollars plus and hour. Go for it Ground, support us. Even the new hires at Express make more than ground will ever. Enjoy your profits because we enjoy having you work for us. Right...THE BIG QUESTION IS, WHO IS WORKING FOR WHO!!!

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt it express funds that bought RPS, and express funds that supported ground for a number of years until it became what it is today? Yes ground guys, you may be the bread winner for now, but dont forget your roots. All the bitching about who supports who .... Its like parents supporting their kids while they grow up, and then hearing the kids b!tch and moan later in life because the parents become a small drain on them when they get older.