Some math behind the votes

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by mikejonesjr, Oct 9, 2018.

1. mikejonesjr

mikejonesjr Active Member

UPS claims 209,043 members were eligible to vote and only 92,604 voted. Or roughly 11,917 votes short of a 50% turnout. Of those 11,917 votes 7,892 (or 2/3) of them would of had to of been a yes vote for this thing to even be a tie. A tie! Which would have never happened.

Pretty clear the majority wasn't for this and its sad the union isn't pushing that narrative, instead only mentioning that we didn't hit 50% voter turnout. Truth is even if we hit that made up 50% turnout it would of been the same result obviously. What kind of union leader tries to hide that?

2. Gman33909

Gman33909 Member

Whos to say they didn't manipulate those numbers, I know it's a third party who does the tallying IDK makes you wonder

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. mikejonesjr

I agree. The numbers definitely have to fluctuate even if they did an accurate count at one point

4. mikejonesjr

Can't edit my post but I suck at math. It would of had to be well over 2/3 of the 11,917 to vote yes for it to pass. Not just 2/3.

5. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

The best chance for rigging definitely has to do with total number of eligible voters.

6. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

911 was an inside job. There was a second shooter. Sandy Hook was a false flag operation. We never landed on he moon. The earth is flat. Any other conspiracy theorist that Anyone care to add?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

it is not math, it is bend over and take it from the union

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Yup...I've got one.
    I don't know how many years you have with the union/company but in my years I've seen some pretty shady stuff.

How did I do?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Days

Days Member

@mikejonesjr you need to stop using common sense. That kind of thinking isn't used in America today

10. bowhnterdon

bowhnterdon Active Member

Why, in 2013 were some supplements renegotiated? I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I am certain all of them did not meet the 50% requirement. I know they were forced in the end, but why this time, they are being forced from the start

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Well-Known Member

This is how bad the corruption has gotten. So blatant. I was thinking, why wouldn’t they go back to the table to at least try to not make it look corrupt?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

The only thing holding a meeting will do is hold pro Hoffa supporters over a fire next election. Maybe at best reconsider renegotiating supplementals, master is a done deal. Mark my words that this is the beginning of the end for union labor IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

For some reason the admin of this site won't let us edit after a while, or delete our own posts.

15. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Your logic is flawed.

Most of the members who hated this contract and wanted to vote no did vote. The ones that didn't vote, logically most all of them would be a yes vote.

If they didn't want this contract and would not have wanted to vote yes, they would have voted and voted no.

So, if we got over 50% of the membership to vote, it most likely would have passed.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

The people who voted was a fairly accurate representative sample.

More participation by people who dont really care and just want to get the contract over with and move on may have closed the gap, but I dont see the result flipping.

Those who don't vote defer their voice to the union leadership, and the 50% / 2/3rd standard is written to reflect that.

17. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

So you're saying that the 58% that did not vote sided with the Union? Those would be yes votes then.

Would have been a landslide then if these people voted.

18. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Let me ask a preliminary question, that will be followed with several opinions and assertions?

For the roughly 65% of the bargaining unit that is comprised of part time employees at UPS, what is the turnover rate?

(Anybody with the accurate figures, please chime in)

19. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I based that reply on the assertion made by @iruhnman630 that those who don't vote defer their voice to the union leadership. I then inferred an outcome based on his statement.

20. Days

Days Member

When do you guys think this new contract will finally push through?