Some math behind the votes

mikejonesjr

UPS claims 209,043 members were eligible to vote and only 92,604 voted. Or roughly 11,917 votes short of a 50% turnout. Of those 11,917 votes 7,892 (or 2/3) of them would of had to of been a yes vote for this thing to even be a tie. A tie! Which would have never happened.

Pretty clear the majority wasn't for this and its sad the union isn't pushing that narrative, instead only mentioning that we didn't hit 50% voter turnout. Truth is even if we hit that made up 50% turnout it would of been the same result obviously. What kind of union leader tries to hide that?

mikejonesjr

Can't edit my post but I suck at math. It would of had to be well over 2/3 of the 11,917 to vote yes for it to pass. Not just 2/3.

reginald95

911 was an inside job. There was a second shooter. Sandy Hook was a false flag operation. We never landed on he moon. The earth is flat. Any other conspiracy theorist that Anyone care to add?

bowhnterdon

Why, in 2013 were some supplements renegotiated? I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I am certain all of them did not meet the 50% requirement. I know they were forced in the end, but why this time, they are being forced from the start

M

MenInBrown

Why, in 2013 were some supplements renegotiated? I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I am certain all of them did not meet the 50% requirement. I know they were forced in the end, but why this time, they are being forced from the start

This is how bad the corruption has gotten. So blatant. I was thinking, why wouldn’t they go back to the table to at least try to not make it look corrupt?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The only thing holding a meeting will do is hold pro Hoffa supporters over a fire next election. Maybe at best reconsider renegotiating supplementals, master is a done deal. Mark my words that this is the beginning of the end for union labor IMO.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
UPS claims 209,043 members were eligible to vote and only 92,604 voted. Or roughly 11,917 votes short of a 50% turnout. Of those 11,917 votes 7,892 (or 2/3) of them would of had to of been a yes vote for this thing to even be a tie. A tie! Which would have never happened.

Pretty clear the majority wasn't for this and its sad the union isn't pushing that narrative, instead only mentioning that we didn't hit 50% voter turnout. Truth is even if we hit that made up 50% turnout it would of been the same result obviously. What kind of union leader tries to hide that?

Your logic is flawed.

Most of the members who hated this contract and wanted to vote no did vote. The ones that didn't vote, logically most all of them would be a yes vote.

If they didn't want this contract and would not have wanted to vote yes, they would have voted and voted no.

So, if we got over 50% of the membership to vote, it most likely would have passed.

iruhnman630

Your logic is flawed.

Most of the members who hated this contract and wanted to vote no did vote. The ones that didn't vote, logically most all of them would be a yes vote.

If they didn't want this contract and would not have wanted to vote yes, they would have voted and voted no.

So, if we got over 50% of the membership to vote, it most likely would have passed.
The people who voted was a fairly accurate representative sample.

More participation by people who dont really care and just want to get the contract over with and move on may have closed the gap, but I dont see the result flipping.

Those who don't vote defer their voice to the union leadership, and the 50% / 2/3rd standard is written to reflect that.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Those who don't vote defer their voice to the union leadership, and the 50% / 2/3rd standard is written to reflect that.

So you're saying that the 58% that did not vote sided with the Union? Those would be yes votes then.

Would have been a landslide then if these people voted.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you're saying that the 58% that did not vote sided with the Union? Those would be yes votes then.

Would have been a landslide then if these people voted.
Let me ask a preliminary question, that will be followed with several opinions and assertions?

For the roughly 65% of the bargaining unit that is comprised of part time employees at UPS, what is the turnover rate?

(Anybody with the accurate figures, please chime in)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Let me ask a preliminary question, that will be followed with several opinions and assertions?

For the roughly 65% of part time employees at UPS, what is the turnover rate?

(Anybody with the accurate figures, please chime in)

I based that reply on the assertion made by @iruhnman630 that those who don't vote defer their voice to the union leadership. I then inferred an outcome based on his statement.