Sooooo how did you guys do it?

BlackCat

Plus I make more on cryptos in a week than you do in a month.

I threw away 100's of those damn things on stupid things (example: paid a guy 5 bitcoin to make a banner) . I got into the game late, but even then you could mine 4-5 a day. I probably lost a few hundred in old hard drives alone.

I try not to think about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I threw away 100's of those damn things on stupid things (example: paid a guy 5 bitcoin to make a banner) . I got into the game late, but even then you could mine 4-5 a day. I probably lost a few hundred in old hard drives alone.

I try not to think about it.
No one could see this coming I don't think.

My brother has a coworker who won a ton playing online poker in college. Sold 10,000 of them to pay for his college after he graduated.

Think about that.

Brownslave688

I can tell money bags.

Meant to send something your way on it. Follow an economist on Twitter last night that was railing against it.
They can rail on it all they want. It's not going anywhere.

I'm not saying it's gonna hit 100k like some people are saying or that there won't be a crash but think of it like the internet bubble. Did all companies just up and disappear? No the strong survived and they are worth a ton today.

BlackCat

They can rail on it all they want. It's not going anywhere.

I'm not saying it's gonna hit 100k like some people are saying or that there won't be a crash but think of it like the internet bubble. Did all companies just up and disappear? No the strong survived and they are worth a ton today.

Crypto currency is definitely not going anywhere. If anything, it is probably the future.

In order to become truly viable though, it needs to stabilize.

Using your brothers coworker as an example.. The 10,000 he spent to put himself through college, he could have sent his entire family.

Brownslave688

Crypto currency is definitely not going anywhere. If anything, it is probably the future.

In order to become truly viable though, it needs to stabilize.

Using your brothers coworker as an example.. The 10,000 he spent to put himself through college, he could have sent his entire family.
I equate it to going thru hundreds of years of inflation all at once.

Yes eventually it'll top out then only go up about 2-3% per year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
making around 110 a week working at ups starting at what seems like a different time everyday. everyone i talk to is already looking for a new job or thinking of just quitting. ups sounded great before i joined the people at HR are great at selling it but once you are actually working and not making any money how do they manage to keep people?

Sling weed on the side

W

What The Hawk?

making around 110 a week working at ups starting at what seems like a different time everyday. everyone i talk to is already looking for a new job or thinking of just quitting. ups sounded great before i joined the people at HR are great at selling it but once you are actually working and not making any money how do they manage to keep people?
Everything to say has been said already. I'm making it work because this is my career. I finally have benefits so that's a plus. I did the 2 jobs thing too. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it work. Plus the school help is awesome.

bumped

btw thats exactly how HR was selling it. you get great benefits! paid vacation/holidays some of our workers are getting paid 30 dollars an hour lol. what they didnt say was that it takes over 3 months just to get in the union and you dont get anything untill after a year of working while making 120 a week and those guys making 30 dollars an hour have been working for over 20 years.

Healthcare used to be 30 days. Here was the problem...People would come here to work, get they're insurance, get pregnant right away, and then quit right after the baby was born sticking the healthcare with most of the costs.

Lets not sugar coat it. The job sucks . What do you want out of life from a career standpoint? What skills do you have?

For preload.. packages come down belt.. go in car.. stop coming down belt, wrap, leave. Expect the worst and take what you can get. That's all I've figured out so far to not make the job seem so bad at this pay.

i have zero problems doing the work its the 120 dollar a week check and schedule that sucks and sadly i dont have anyone to mooch off im pretty much living off of my savings right now. trying to get another part time job that can accommodate UPSes bs schedule. just to put things into perspective out of the 20-25 from orientation only 4 of us are left everyone els is new hires. this job would have been great when i was a teenager and didnt have to pay bills.

when companies like amazon and walmart are hiring and providing full benefits and starting people at 14.00 and hour its kind of hard to justify working for ups when they try their hardest to kick us out of the building before we hit the 5 hour mark usually around 3 OR 4 hours.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
i have zero problems doing the work its the 120 dollar a week check and schedule that sucks and sadly i dont have anyone to mooch off im pretty much living off of my savings right now. trying to get another part time job that can accommodate UPSes bs schedule. just to put things into perspective out of the 20-25 from orientation only 4 of us are left everyone els is new hires. this job would have been great when i was a teenager and didnt have to pay bills.

when companies like amazon and walmart are hiring and providing full benefits and starting people at 14.00 and hour its kind of hard to justify working for ups when they try their hardest to kick us out of the building before we hit the 5 hour mark usually around 3 OR 4 hours.

Just depends on your career goals. If you want to become a driver, you generally have to put in the time. It's a better opportunity than you'll get at amazon or walmart. I had up to 5 jobs at once to make ends meet, while waiting to become a driver, being the sole provider for my family. Most I ever worked was 94 hours in a week, and none of it was OT. Just gotta figure out for yourself what you want, and how best to go about getting it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
To get through peak, sign up for any extra work available. If you can be a driver helper outside of your regular work hours, that could help. Or work other sorts. You get OT on 6th shift and beyond. Once peak is over, start times should go back to normal, it should be easier to get a second job, then you will need to work with your supervisor regarding scheduling issues. If you start to run into issues, talk to a steward or your union rep.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

They provide benefits that you will pay hundreds of dollars a month for...and in a year you will go from 14 an hour to 14.30 an hour...Ups is nota glorious place to work but if you stick it out you realize how much better you will have it than a lot of people..I don’t understand the huge difference in start times for you..my building it’s about 15 minutes difference everyday at most for part timers