Sort Manager dating full time hourly

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
there's no rule that management employees can't date hourly employees. that's silly. and childish. the rule is that you can't carry on a romantic relationship with or bang your subordinates. if he was going to do this, what he has to do is once it gets just a little bit serious, is to inform his superiors so that they can move him so that she is no longer his subordinate. it happens every day all across the world that co workers find one another attractive or fall in love. there's nothing inherently wrong with that, you just can't let it compromise your judgement, and the countermeasure is to preclude the relationship from having any relevance to any decision the manager is to make, by reassigning the manager. easy peasy for a company the size of UPS, it's two phone calls, done in 15 minutes.

it's absolutely a fireable offense. there's no excuse for him not to have disclosed it. it also opens UPS up to a sexual harassment lawsuit. Oh and because of that you could hold it over him, yet another reason it was incumbent upon him to inform his bosses.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Hey just wondering if this is allowed? This employee is a combo twilight/night and this manager is a night sort manager. He oversees the sort she is on. He’s married but word has gotten around he is friends with benefits on the side with employee. Don’t know if wife knows or allows it. Some people have open marriages. There are some people who believe she should be fired on multiple occasions for insubordination and attendance but hasn’t due to this relationship.

I’ve thought about calling the 1800 number but I actually like the manager and have always got along with him well and really I do think he’s been one of the best fair full time managers I’ve ever had. He overwhelmingly has been always cooperative. I’ve used his protection of her (before I knew he was banging her) as a way to compare why are you bothering this employee when so so has done and has always worked. What do you think?
If you know, a lot of other people know also. It will eventually blow up in their faces. I would recommend keeping your nose out of it. Smile, keep your head down, do your job and let them easy gently into their doom. It is not a matter of if, but when. It won't end well for them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey just wondering if this is allowed? This employee is a combo twilight/night and this manager is a night sort manager. He oversees the sort she is on. He’s married but word has gotten around he is friends with benefits on the side with employee. Don’t know if wife knows or allows it. Some people have open marriages. There are some people who believe she should be fired on multiple occasions for insubordination and attendance but hasn’t due to this relationship.

I’ve thought about calling the 1800 number but I actually like the manager and have always got along with him well and really I do think he’s been one of the best fair full time managers I’ve ever had. He overwhelmingly has been always cooperative. I’ve used his protection of her (before I knew he was banging her) as a way to compare why are you bothering this employee when so so has done and has always worked. What do you think?
If he’s married and his slam piece is one of his subordinates at work...this scenario will mostly likely blow up in his face at some point anyway...even without your 800 number call. Unless it affects your paycheck, it doesn’t concern you and I would just ignore it.