Sorting during lunch

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'm not too sure about that. Most if not all drivers who sort off the clock are still paid their 8 hours which is the max we get paid on our pension. The ones who go home early and sort wouldn't be given enough work to add routes, IMO. Our pensions are in trouble due to poor investing, and over promising these big monthly payouts,IMO.

Haha, you're hilarious. Macro, not micro, son.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Just an opinion from a non union worker at FedEx Express. If this issue is that important to the work group, it should be negotiated in the contract. Just my opinion.
It is negotiated in our contract that any employee working must get paid......people who work for free are either dumb or scared.......they should be embarrassed

Indecisi0n

You aren't following the methods 110% if you are working during lunch. But lets think about this... say you work 1.5 hrs a week unpaid during lunch....

I will use $50/hr b/c most likely you are working over 8 every day. (this is rounding down and assuming we never get another raise)

50/hr (OT pay) x 1.5 = $75 a week
$75x48 weeks = $3,600 yr

Now think if you took that $3,600 a year you are GIVING AWAY, and paid it towards your mortgage, car, or college savings etc.

OR lets say you have a newborn at home, that you want to see 20 mins earlier, and you took that $3,600/yr and saved it for 18 years until college.
Without and interest that would be $64,800.

With 5% interest, over 18 years that 15-20 mins a day is worth $106,000!!!!!

Is it REALLY that important to sort off the clock???
It's impossible to follow anything 110%.

Lost time on the routes? Are those drivers still bitching about UPS "stealing" their time? LOL. That's my center everyday. And they just can't understand that they did it to themselves.

We had drivers taking lunch on their way back to the building because their bone us will cover the lost time. Lol