Split drivers/rant

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So what are you saying? Before telematics you could violate the methods at will to make Hall of Fame numbers? What in telematics is stopping you from doing 40 stops an hour? Just asking...

You keep focusing on the 40 SPORH like it is something that I could do everyday. I average 18-22 SPORH depending on the dispatch and stop density with slightly higher numbers in residential areas. The 40 SPORH was during Peak in a tight residential area and was certainly not for the entire day.

Indecisi0n

You keep focusing on the 40 SPORH like it is something that I could do everyday. I average 18-22 SPORH depending on the dispatch and stop density with slightly higher numbers in residential areas. The 40 SPORH was during Peak in a tight residential area and was certainly not for the entire day.

So was brown right? You skipped methods in order to get more deliveries?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Well, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. But drivers like you, who push the limits of package car driving, make it harder on everyone else. I've never met a burner who didn't later start bitching about how, all of the sudden, supervisors were pushing them too hard. And they never seemed to understand why.

everyone i work with bitches about getting pushed to hard,, union slugs to runners

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
everyone i work with bitches about getting pushed to hard,, union slugs to runners

True, but the difference, is that runners never complain until the results of their actions start biting them in the ass. They are hypocrites. Oldest story at UPS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Congratulations! What purpose does it serve to run your ass off for this company? There is a big difference between working hard and working stupid. Your knees, your back and the mistakes you will make running that fast will eventually catch up to you. Not to mention the pressure burners put on the rest of the drivers around you.

Well, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. But drivers like you, who push the limits of package car driving, make it harder on everyone else. I've never met a burner who didn't later start bitching about how, all of the sudden, supervisors were pushing them too hard. And they never seemed to understand why.
I wasn't pushing limits. Yes, I work brisk pace and try not to drag along. I follow the contract and don't skip breaks and lunches.

None of the FT routes I tried are designed for a lunch between the 4th and 5th hour, as our contract states, so I decline FT driving positions. Until UPS AND THE UNION fix these problems, the other issues other people hyper-focus on, will continue. Including 9.5, 9.5 violations, route cutting, lunch skipping, speeding, and of course - the now famous, cell phone flaunting on-call UPS driver shortcutting everyone with personal technology.

I refuse to work 8:50am - 3pm without a real break, and then only having time for 20 minutes because p/us start. Only then, to be expected to save time by using my own personal phone because the previous driver did.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wasn't pushing limits. Yes, I work brisk pace and try not to drag along. I follow the contract and don't skip breaks and lunches.

None of the FT routes I tried are designed for a lunch between the 4th and 5th hour, as our contract states, so I decline FT driving positions. Until UPS AND THE UNION fix these problems, the other issues other people hyper-focus on, will continue. Including 9.5, 9.5 violations, route cutting, lunch skipping, speeding, and of course - the now famous, cell phone flaunting on-call UPS driver shortcutting everyone with personal technology.

I refuse to work 8:50am - 3pm without a real break, and then only having time for 20 minutes because p/us start. Only then, to be expected to save time by using my own personal phone because the previous driver did.

Really, it's simple. You have to call the center and tell them that you are taking your lunch between the 4th and 6th hour, and they need to cover some pickups or come take deliveries off of you. Most drivers now won't do this for various reasons. But it isn't a matter of the routes being designed that way. It is a matter of UPS getting away with it and no one standing up to them.