SSD's (PVD's) implemented 6-7 weeks from Christmas. New contract already ignored?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our DIADs have always been 05 by default. Used to be able to change it on 5 but on DIAD 6, the field is disabled. You want 8, you have to stick around.
All you have to do is ask them to switch it back because you didn't agree to it and they will fix it....

....once or twice.

Then they will put you to a choice, or make it for you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you saying you should be able to clock out before you did 8 hours of work but still be paid for 8 hours worth? I’m confused.
Are you asking the question:

"If I am guaranteed 8 hours of pay, is the Company in turn guaranteed to 8 hours of my time"?

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are you asking the question:

"If I am guaranteed 8 hours of pay, is the Company in turn guaranteed to 8 hours of my time"?
Well, yeah.
They can pay you and say you’re good, go home.
If the company is paying you and asks you to continue working, are you not obligated to continue working?

Trucker Clock

One of the biggest changes in the new contract is being blatantly ignored just months after passage. Why is this being allowed to proceed?

I have an SSD today while being dispatched less than 8 hours (I will stretch it into 8).

Maybe you better read the contract before you accuse them of ignoring it.

Nov 1 for insiders

Yep.

They can used SSDs right now.

Yep.

Yep had to explain this to some drivers today, even though I tried to tell them a couple months ago.

Yep.

JL 0513

Maybe you better read the contract before you accuse them of ignoring it.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.
We've been through this in the thread. I understand the contract says Nov 15.

What mislead my thoughts on this was that the union published "PVD use is limited to 5 weeks". November 15th to December 26th is almost 6 weeks. Just wondering what math they're using. Your welcome to explain why 6 weeks equals 5.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We've been through this in the thread. I understand the contract says Nov 15.

What mislead my thoughts on this was that the union published "PVD use is limited to 5 weeks". November 15th to December 26th is almost 6 weeks. Just wondering what math they're using. Your welcome to explain why 6 weeks equals 5.
You're really reaching here. 5 weeks and three service days does not equal 6 weeks. But it doesn't equal 5 either. Doesn't really seem like something worth fighting over.
If you're off the 9.5, and they are taking your work. File under the applicable article.

JL 0513

You're really reaching here. 5 weeks and three service days does not equal 6 weeks. But it doesn't equal 5 either. Doesn't really seem like something worth fighting over.
If you're off the 9.5, and they are taking your work. File under the applicable article.
They just shouldn't have said 5 weeks, since it's closer to 6. Why not just state "after November 15th". Was that the union trying to make it sound better upon passage? Sounds like it.

Brownwind

They just shouldn't have said 5 weeks, since it's closer to 6. Why not just state "after November 15th". Was that the union trying to make it sound better upon passage? Sounds like it.
Enjoy peak. I hope everything works out for you.
Please let us know how your battle goes.

Brownwind

It'll be an easy ride.
I hope so. I’m having the guys on my belt promote the business and go back to basics. Many of the guys forgot what got us here. Good service by treating the customers well. Hopefully we can hammer out this peak and make some decent money

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I hope so. I’m having the guys on my belt promote the business and go back to basics. Many of the guys forgot what got us here. Good service by treating the customers well. Hopefully we can hammer out this peak and make some decent money
Hell yah brother.
At one of my low volume everyday pickups the other day the woman there calls me and says "You'd better bring your cart in". "Okay, thanks for the heads up".
I get there and there's two cart loads of large Pelican cases, 45 lbs each. All of which were NDA to LA (the state). I load up one cart, and on my second load the owner of the cases was inside, and thanked me for the prompt service. I say of course, thanks for the business. He was blown away.
It just makes sense to me. I'm getting paid, and I just made extra money for the company and our center (indirectly). We need the volume. We provide a service, we can't forget that.
Cheers.

Brownwind

Hell yah brother.
At one of my low volume everyday pickups the other day the woman there calls me and says "You'd better bring your cart in". "Okay, thanks for the heads up".
I get there and there's two cart loads of large Pelican cases, 45 lbs each. All of which were NDA to LA (the state). I load up one cart, and on my second load the owner of the cases was inside, and thanked me for the prompt service. I say of course, thanks for the business. He was blown away.
It just makes sense to me. I'm getting paid, and I just made extra money for the company and our center (indirectly). We need the volume. We provide a service, we can't forget that.
Cheers.
Absolutely. The customer is king. I always go overboard and thank them. I have a really rural route and the few pickups I get I definitely thank them (they’re paying my salary)
Means a lot knowing other drivers still have pride in the job.

PVDKGFK

As a PVD, i have worked peak for the last 4 years...this will be my last. The new contract has killed the cash cow for PVDs. Today all PVDs were asked if they wanted to work longer hours because there was multiple sick call ins. I understand that brown trk drivers want as much OT as they can get, but if they bitch because they are overworked, where is the balance point to keep everyone happy?

Thebrownblob

As a PVD, i have worked peak for the last 4 years...this will be my last. The new contract has killed the cash cow for PVDs. Today all PVDs were asked if they wanted to work longer hours because there was multiple sick call ins. I understand that brown trk drivers want as much OT as they can get, but if they bitch because they are overworked, where is the balance point to keep everyone happy?
Well, the balance point is wherever the guys that do this day in and day out decided it is now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.