St. Louis (Earth City Mo.) Appointment With HR For Feeder Driver Position

ltl

No. Incorrect. Sleeper mileage pay is a progression also.

Thanks ManinBrown. The video WannaBeFeeder posted said sleepers at CACH start at .60. Do you know where I could find a progression scale? Really not a deal breaker, but I would like to see it.

542thruNthru

Thanks so much ManinBrown! I've read through the contract a few times but for some reason made the assumption that section 2 applied to local feeder and section 3 applied to team feeder, but I see it now. Crystal clear: I just need to learn how to read.

giphy-25.gif

:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the honest reply.

I have heard that same thing from new hires where I am. Our "event" videos are not write ups, but we have to go to the office for a "coaching session" without pay. Our trucks monitor the speed zones we are in and video us for going over that. If we are in traffic and someone cuts in front of us it is considered "following too close. Our trucks are outfitted with a whole array of sensors that trigger video of the driver, out the front and audio of what's going on in the cab. These are saved in our electronic file and when someone is fired they use them to deny unemployment.

If someone cuts in front of you and you properly adjust your following distance you should be fine.

If someone cuts in front of you and you ride their tail you need to be "retrained".

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why in the world would anyone want to work 70 hours per week??
I have a buddy that gets 60-65 every single week. If they try to send him home early he’ll jump on shiftcom to get his hours. Some people are driven like that but it doesn’t stop me from making fun of him for it.

ltl

If someone cuts in front of you and you properly adjust your following distance you should be fine.

If someone cuts in front of you and you ride their tail you need to be "retrained".

I fully agree. As a paid driver I believe it is my job to adjust for the unsafe driving of the public.

With all due respect, Union employees may not understand how unreasonable and strategically vague policy is written by non union companies. The rules are fixed by them-for them. Union dues would be a bargain even if my pay rate and benefits did not change-but the rules were negotiated. This forum would not be an appropriate place to write such a long article on the hostility of a non union corporation toward its "unskilled" labor.

However, the details of the instance I am talking about is I was driving a constant speed, (I know this because I was on the govenor) a car passed me going about 10 mph faster than me, came back in my lane about 75 feet in front of me and did not slow down, but continued putting distance between me and them.

I debated with them, (using nearly an hour of my time not being paid) that even by their own standards what I did was safe, "count the dashes on the interstate", I said. "The sensors say it was unsafe-if you don't want videos keep 5 football fields between you and others to be on the safe side".

If anyone thinks non union jobs aren't that bad I have a whole list of "good" LTL companies you can check out. Where I am when it gets slow no one gets laid off-they fire people based on points based on things like above. Management tells us straight up, "we fire based on a points system. Your seniority means nothing except at bid time."

To make matters worse the trucks are assigned and management is also bold in saying, "yeah, the sensors on the different brands of trucks are all different-just be safe. We will let you know if you arent." Some trucks take video/audio 30 times a night, and some 5 times a week. Rough roads can trigger camera/audio too.

Oh yeah, and I know one driver fired specifically for a word he said in the cab at highway speed (no one could hear him outside), but it was recorded and heard by employees on company "property".

Well, now I am on a rant and didn't want to be. I want to focus on solutions here no bitching.

You are right Upstate, I am overthinking this. I will just pull the trigger.

Hey, Upstate. I lived in Syracuse for a few years back in the day. I might have been in your area.