Started HD pickups at my terminal today

Schlepper

Mass confusion, of course. The contractor relations bro said it'd be only 3 a day at the most so we'll see if that holds out. Anyone else start them yet?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mass confusion, of course. The contractor relations bro said it'd be only 3 a day at the most so we'll see if that holds out. Anyone else start them yet?

Some Express routes have 30-40 pickups. That isn't counting Regulars. Think you could handle that? Oh, and don't forget that you're mixing-in E2 and SOS.

HomeDelivery

HD here been doing it since October

one terminal has it sequenced into the manifest

another is still behind & they need to update so it can be plotted into the sequence order

---------------------------

i have to press alt+L to unlock screen

then, p/up listing

choose the address

accept

scan barcode

close stop

----------------------------

from another thread: i already stated that it varies from a Call Tag (which is 3 attempts)

p/up is from the customer calling FedEx to get it from their home & on the manifest, it usually states special instructions

like today for example, "side door & after 1500"

I was there at 1130 & will not be in the area after 1500...

so i broke out my pre-paid cellphone to contact the customer if the return box is already outside

yep & thanked customer for having the pickup ready

---------------------------------------

if the customer hadn't left the package out where they said it would, you choose a code, and leave a doortag to "re-schedule" for another day... only 1 attempt will be made to reduce the mileage & attempts made.

--------------------------------------

we're also not allowed to used the big consolidated Ground / HD doortags yet; we need to use up the old post-it delivery notices & the longer "sorry we missed you" doortags first. Those bigger doortags shouldn't be used until January.

HomeDelivery

We were told to get rid of the old tags and only use the new ones... I don't like them. Too big.

I think the old tags are to be used up by the temps (at least in this terminal) & the newer tags are to be used by the contractors/ regular drivers d/t more pickups assigned to them vs temp employees...

kinda strange that they want to confuse the public even more by making them almost the size of the Express doortags :crazy: But, i do use them in case there was "pickup exception"

Kevinmevin

From what I understand one of the main reasons for this is it works with the Returns Program..which i assume is going to be more then 3 packages a day after peak for a while.

Schlepper

It sounds as though they are making what we call On Call pickups, not scheduled daily pickups.

Right. Not scheduled daily pups like the Ground guys, just occasionally. Since they instituted it, I've only had one in the past week. Not really sure what the difference is between these new pups and Call Tags are, other than having the sticker already on the box.

HomeDelivery

Right. Not scheduled daily pups like the Ground guys, just occasionally. Since they instituted it, I've only had one in the past week. Not really sure what the difference is between these new pups and Call Tags are, other than having the sticker already on the box.

Call Tags = 3 attempts

P/UPs = 1 attempt

& if they didn't have the parcel ready for pickup as stated, they need to call 1.800.Go.FedEx and re-schedule so we don't waste time/gas to go 3 times to the same address

Ground already has driver-release forms on file for business addresses, so they can drop n run like resi-stops

while HD has to acquire a signature... what a PITA. I had to wait 15-20 min at the receiving dock one day; thank goodness i'm now paid by the hour right now.

HomeDelivery

or if the parcel is small enough, customer should just drop it off at the nearest combined Ground/Express drop box or closest FedEx Office location...

I had to do that with a verizon set-top-box upgrade when they sent me an updated one (ups store location, though)

PS: rep me if you think my posts are accurate or true; i don't play the shill game here

Last edited: