Staying cool

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I bring a gallon of Ice water, a cooler with 6-32 ounce bottles of gatorade (3 frozen, 3 refrigerated) and I also bring usually a salad, and some fruit for lunch.

I usually don't need ALL the drinks, but better to have and not need than need and not have.

One route I cover has a beer and wine shop, and I'll go hang in their beer cooler for a minute or two......which just makes it THAT much harder to leave the store

Funny so many answers of walk in the beer cave. My best friend is a miller lite delivery man and he says its really hard going from the heat into those coolers all day.

QKRSTKR

You have to stay hydrated. Once you get dehydrated you can't really catch back up. On real hot humid days I always drink at least 2 bottles of water before I even get to work. Drink it all day. Find out who has water coolers and re fill your bottles. If you start feeling bad cool down. Sit in some a/c for a while. Know your body, know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.

Good luck

Brownslave688

You have to stay hydrated. Once you get dehydrated you can't really catch back up. On real hot humid days I always drink at least 2 bottles of water before I even get to work. Drink it all day. Find out who has water coolers and re fill your bottles. If you start feeling bad cool down. Sit in some a/c for a while. Know your body, know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.

Good luck

Yep. The most important part is starting the day hydrated. It sucks but during long heat waves of 100+ heat staying hydrated is a 24/7 thing.

Packmule

Not the frozen water bottles. Freezing a typical water bottle releases the same carcinogins (sp) from the plastic into the water that burning food releases into a steak. Real cold, but not frozen.

iruhnman630

I know they are really bad for you, but late in the day I stop and get a slushie, or other frozen drink...the frozen strawberry lemonades at McD's do the trick every time. Usually by that time my stomach can't handle chugging another cold drink.

I carry a pitcher of ice water and a bottle...not only does it give you an all-day supply of cold supply of water to sip on, but a quick shower of ice water on the neck does wonders.

And my cooler has 2 20 oz G2 Gatorades, one cold (usually gone before I finish my air) and one frozen for later. On the hottest days the frozen one is usually thawed but still cool by time I drink it, otherwise it's a nice slushie.

And put me down as a yes on the t-shirt.

All the liquid chugging tends to kill my appetite....I've never really found a way around that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Good luck

I carry a 2 gallon water jug with me. I can't rely on always being able to get to water coolers. If I start feeling to hot I will always have water available to cool off with.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know they are really bad for you, but late in the day I stop and get a slushie, or other frozen drink...the frozen strawberry lemonades at McD's do the trick every time. Usually by that time my stomach can't handle chugging another cold drink.

I carry a pitcher of ice water and a bottle...not only does it give you an all-day supply of cold supply of water to sip on, but a quick shower of ice water on the neck does wonders.

And my cooler has 2 20 oz G2 Gatorades, one cold (usually gone before I finish my air) and one frozen for later. On the hottest days the frozen one is usually thawed but still cool by time I drink it, otherwise it's a nice slushie.

And put me down as a yes on the t-shirt.

All the liquid chugging tends to kill my appetite....I've never really found a way around that.

I tend to have the same problem with eating during the summer. It's not just lunch either, it's dinner as well. I force myself to eat something light for lunch, usually a salad. Dinner is hit and miss. My hubby cooks for the most part but he is happy with steak and potatoes but that is to much for me during the summer.

stink219

This maybe slightly off topic witch hazel will help neutralize ph levels in sweat. So invest in some pads to wipe the pits and :censored2: crack. Reduces stink and swamp :censored2:.

jaker

trolling
For me a tank top under my browns , 2 gallon water jug and a lunch box that is made out of hard plastic they stay cold a whole lot longer then those vinyl made lunch boxes

You can see all that in this picture
c5c8b605.jpg

HomeDelivery

o_O you're wearing gloves in that type of weather? o_O

yea, i made a poll about working in heat vs working in cold a while back... (can't find the right key words to search back) & most of you were saying cold ~ because mostly of the OT pay :P

jaker

trolling
o_O you're wearing gloves in that type of weather? o_O

yea, i made a poll about working in heat vs working in cold a while back... (can't find the right key words to search back) & most of you were saying cold ~ because mostly of the OT pay :P
I wear gloves all year around , I rather have clean hands instead of nasty black ones covered in who knows what after traveling across the US

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
For me a tank top under my browns , 2 gallon water jug and a lunch box that is made out of hard plastic they stay cold a whole lot longer then those vinyl made lunch boxes

c5c8b605.jpg

Is there ever a problem with package contents melting?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The trick to staying hydrated anyway is to have a warm bottle of water as well as ice water. Your body needs to warm up the water before it gets distributed so if you chug a bunch of ice cold water it just sits like a gut bomb in your stomach for a while. Warm water, even though it's not as tasty, will hydrate you faster and better. Also have some peanut butter crackers on hand for the salt and the energy. Those have always saved my shweddy, rashy, swamp ass...ass.

Brownslave688

c5c8b605.jpg

Is there ever a problem with package contents melting?

Yeah scentsy stuff melts a lot. No different than the tropical fish tht freeze if its cold enough.