Stewards beware!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Salty language was once tolerated during closed door meetings by union stewards. In July the NLRB took away that right and now union stewards can be disciplined and discharged for using such language. This is a huge loss for unions because now stewards who are used to using some curse words when heated will have to focus on watching what they say which is way easier said than done. I know I sometimes let a curse word slip out just in everyday conversations with customers. I don't see how if a conversation gets heated in a closed door meeting, a steward can refrain from an accidental curse word or two.

Salty language was once tolerated during closed door meetings by union stewards. In July the NLRB took away that right and now union stewards can be disciplined and discharged for using such language. This is a huge loss for unions because now stewards who are used to using some curse words when heated will have to focus on watching what they say which is way easier said than done. I know I sometimes let a curse word slip out just in everyday conversations with customers. I don't see how if a conversation gets heated in a closed door meeting, a steward can refrain from an accidental curse word or two.

Thank you trump and your RINO supporters. Enemy of the working men and women.

542thruNthru

Showed this to @Jkloc420 but he put his blinders on and refused to accept it. :)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I'd be kicked out of the room pretty quick then.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't like this development. But I am so tired of trying to reason with management that I pretty much just go straight to filing grievances at the local union hall. Management in my building is so dumb I feel like:

tumblr_onr15fzWzz1w7p5heo8_500.gif

tumblr_pi0glpiyfH1uhh267o4_500.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Since the Supreme Court has already set precedent protecting this immunity, the Board's decision doesn't carry a lot of weight. It could be appealed in court.

"Other Types of Appeals
A litigant who is not satisfied with a decision made by a federal administrative agency usually may file a petition for review of the agency decision by a court of appeals. Judicial review in cases involving certain federal agencies or programs — for example, disputes over Social Security benefits — may be obtained first in a district court rather than a court of appeals."

542thruNthru

Since the Supreme Court has already set precedent protecting this immunity, the Board's decision doesn't carry a lot of weight. It could be appealed in court.

"Other Types of Appeals
A litigant who is not satisfied with a decision made by a federal administrative agency usually may file a petition for review of the agency decision by a court of appeals. Judicial review in cases involving certain federal agencies or programs — for example, disputes over Social Security benefits — may be obtained first in a district court rather than a court of appeals."
Yes but if I remember correctly per the contract the grievance process has to be exhausted before that. So a steward could be out of work for many weeks/months because of this.

Of course that's worse case scenario

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes but if I remember correctly per the contract the grievance process has to be exhausted before that. So a steward could be out of work for many weeks/months because of this.

Of course that's worse case scenario

No, the General Motors case was already decided by the NLRB. That decision can be appealed, and, due to the precedents, set by the Supreme Court, listed in the article, the board's decision would be sure to be overturned.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
There's a time for complete professionalism...

There's a time for sarcasm...

There's time for :censored2:...

Very few know how to combine the three.