Stock market/government shutdown

Non sequitur

What would be a better benefit to the economy: A China trade agreement or ending the government shutdown?

If it can be established that the economy can survive and thrive while eliminating 14% of government spending, the population might not care how long this shutdown lasts.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What would be a better benefit to the economy: A China trade agreement or ending the government shutdown?

If it can be established that the economy can survive and thrive while eliminating 14% of government spending, the population might not care how long this shutdown lasts.
No one has a clue!

I would say end shutdown in the short term.
China trade in the long term.

Both would send the market soaring.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Best bet for the stock market would be a repeal of the of the 22nd amendment, and a return of Obama
53-mins-is-this-true-congress-repeals-22nd-amendment-allowing-2884102.png

bbsam

Staff member

As soon as unpaid TSA workers stay home, the shutdown ends.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Maybe. I can’t believe they still haven’t stayed home. I wouldn’t show up for no pay.
Many are drawing unemployment and some of the smarter ones have several months in savings to get through something like this.

I would imagine the Dim and/or Libturd workers don't have any savings.

bbsam

Staff member
Many are drawing unemployment and some of the smarter ones have several months in savings to get through something like this.

I would imagine the Dim and/or Libturd workers don't have any savings.
Sorry. In capitalism, people get paid to work. Has nothing to do with ones “savings”.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sorry. In capitalism, people get paid to work. Has nothing to do with ones “savings”.
They are getting paid ... just not weekly.
All non-Union people at UPS gets paid monthly.
The ones that can't handle not getting paid for one week (to date) are just pathetic or to put it another way ... a government worker.