Stop Thinking Only About Ourselves! WTF?

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm going to bed, I'll skip it...

Vonnegut would be horrified at Rand's conclusions.

On a side note, Rand lived the end of her life in the soft clutches of GOVERNMENT ASSISTED HEALTH CARE.

The irony.
You make her sound like a welfare case, she wasn’t. Good night my sweet bay stater.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).
Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?"

- Ayn Rand

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).
Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?"

- Ayn Rand
It could be argued that a 1 year old is still in the potential stage.
All living things are a potential until they can live without any assistance from their parents or others of it's species.

El Correcto

god is dead

- Ayn Rand
I don’t agree with every position Rand took.

I disagree with libertarians on a lot of social issues and foreign policy.

El Correcto

god is dead
That being said libertarians at least have the right mind state to argue against on these issues, I don’t get why democrats have any say in this country. Libertarians should replace them.

BrownArmy

That being said libertarians at least have the right mind state to argue against on these issues, I don’t get why democrats have any say in this country. Libertarians should replace them.

Lulz, and you wonder why there is such division in our country.

You think 'democrats' shouldn't have any 'say' in our country?

The equivalent statement would be that 'republicans' shouldn't have any say in our country.

Play nice.

F

Frankie's Friend

It could be argued that a 1 year old is still in the potential stage.
All living things are a potential until they can live without any assistance from their parents or others of it's species.
Is that why you can go to federal prison for messing with eagles, their eggs (unborn, in the so called "potential stage" listed above), or even their nests?

They couldn't survive without any assistance from their parent(s) for a few days much less a year.

But yet they (and other birds) are federally protected.

So human beings are worth less?

What happened when the lawmakers became so open minded about the value of human lives?

Their brains fell out.

bbsam

Staff member
View attachment 221398
When I see a Beto yard sign or bumper sticker.
It is funny. That a liberal democrat who doesn’t hide being a liberal democrat but embraces it in a statewide election comes that close to being a senator from Texas...?

Laugh if you will, but that’s a big electoral count that could tilt into the blue column in coming presidential elections.

bbsam

Staff member
Because that’s what representative republics do!