Strike Authorization Vote

542thruNthru

God I wish I was a full time so I could vote.
2f1Hhpw

Lol seriously? You must be a management troll and a dumb one at that if you don't realize all dues paying members PT and FT get to vote.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
At least my paper airplane wasn't a wasted effort in a sea of votes that are meaningless. The union tough guys have people like you thinking it matters and there's a chance of a strike. This contract is already settled and the IBT/UPS will soon begin trolling the "it's a good contract" line. I fully expect our local union to soon be outside guard shacks touting another sub par contract as a good one.
with that attitude you just should bend over and take it where you deserve it.

BigBrown1234

The strike authorization gives the IBT more leverage with the company. A yes in substantial numbers sends the message that the rank and file are serious . It almost guarantees that there will not be a strike. And to answer your statement about strike pay it is 5 X your union dues after the 8th day (minimum of $150.00) plus no loss of benefits with the exception of dental and vision.
Everyone should vote either yes or no. It also sends the message we are paying attention !

With “NO” loss of benefits followed up by “exception” dental and vision.

I agree with everything you say with the “exception” of everything you say

Voting is POINTLESS!!

542thruNthru

I love the people that cry about how bad things are or how bad our union is. Then tell us that voting is pointless. Like not voting is sending a msg or making some kind of stand.

Every vote counts the same as anyone's vote.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I love the people that cry about how bad things are or how bad our union is. Then tell us that voting is pointless. Like not voting is sending a msg or making some kind of stand.

Every vote counts the same as anyone's vote.
We have a few guys like this here. They complain all day, yet have no balls, or time to do anything to try and help turn things around.

542thruNthru

We have a few guys like this here. They complain all day, yet have no balls, or time to do anything to try and help turn things around.

I scheduled a day off last week. Sat outside the guard shack with 2 other guys all morning talking to and handing out papers with our locals number on it. Urging them to call and update their info. Not just for the strike vote but for the contract.

We even waited around till after the shift to remind people and urge them again to make the call. Did this with both preload and the night sort. Why? Because their vote counts same as mine and they need to be heard.

542thruNthru

We mainly have sheep that walk around going bah bah bah.
Couple butt kissers that are trying to get a position in the union.
And a few realist that get it.

Didn't you run for ST? Aren't you a steward in your mind? Maybe you should stop telling the "sheep" voting is pointless and lead. For someone who wanted to be a ST you sure don't act like you wanted to help.

BigBrown1234

Didn't you run for ST? Aren't you a steward in your mind? Maybe you should stop telling the "sheep" voting is pointless and lead. For someone who wanted to be a ST you sure don't act like you wanted to help.

I wanted to motivate the officials to actually listen to the members. With a threat to their positions.

It didn’t work.

BigBrown1234

Walk around your work area. Ask opinions about the union. Most in my area are not good. The problem is that their opinions a backed by facts.