Strike in Chicago?

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
i been trying to get a full time job there for the past year! first was sorry the route you were suppose to go on was canceled! That's BS! Second time was sorry you didn't pass the driving test. That's because the guy was busy talking on his cell phone and not paying attention to me! I go to HR seeing if they have a job any driver openings sorry none right now. A day later i hear someone got a driving job! I know there are combo jobs yeah that's great, but i don't want to work at night then sleep all day! I want to go out and see the sun some time!

browned out

Sadly, it looks like 705 is the last local without leaders castrated or paid off by Scott Davis.

It's sickening that while the top 5% richest in this country hold 50% of the wealth, the Teamsters union will take it in the rear from UPS this August 1st. Hoffa is blatantly in bed with UPS high-level management (which just shows the credibility of the so-called majority of teamsters due to his re-election). How else could such a weak national be passed with so little debate? Shouldn't our wages at least keep up with inflation rates? Why under any circumstances should any of the language in our contract be weaker than the previous one? Corporate greed.

Us part-timers are like machines to them, oiled up with pennies. This mentality trickles down through the ranks of management, just look at how FT-Sups treat their PT-Sups. They do whatever it takes to cut costs as low as possible, as long as the packages still go from A to B (most of the time).

Anyone who thinks the new contract is fine is probably either a full-timer or management(tieguy), giving them the same selfish mentality that some claim 705 has. Get real folks!

Metro detroit will not cross lines as long as u can get strikers here per local 243. Don't settle for the substandard contract we got.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
:wink2:
just a small note sacramento hub sent most chicago area packages to Ohio starting today

And just what is OH going to do with them?:naive::wink2:

Our PCM tonight in Mass:

"Apparently the cache hub is going on strike, so a lot of packages are getting diverted all over and we are expecting 30% more volume on each shift (day, twi, night). Each shift will be taking extensions for those that want it. Do not call out tomorrow. I repeat, do not call out. Unless your mother/wife/child is on his/her death bed, you are to be here or face discipline".

Yawn. Go get em guys.

I feel a Lock-out coming on.:dissapointed::wink2:

U(s)PS Guy

i been trying to get a full time job there for the past year! first was sorry the route you were suppose to go on was canceled! That's BS! Second time was sorry you didn't pass the driving test. That's because the guy was busy talking on his cell phone and not paying attention to me! I go to HR seeing if they have a job any driver openings sorry none right now. A day later i hear someone got a driving job! I know there are combo jobs yeah that's great, but i don't want to work at night then sleep all day! I want to go out and see the sun some time!

sounds like you need to realize that you can't rely on UPS to pay your rent. go out and get a 2nd job while you wait for a driver position to open up. it's easier to sleep all day and work all night when you have a bed to sleep on instead of a park bench if ya get my drift....

Leftinbuilding

Take a look at YOURSELF. What is it about YOU that would make your mgmnt team do everything they can to avoid putting you on wheels? How's your work ethic? Can they trust you do do the job they are paying you to do now? Sounds to me like all your problems are blamed on someone else. That, in itself, is telling.

tieguy

Banned
hey upstatenyupser, I rather have my union fight for better wages here. We had the highest gas prices all year long too! Also i'm tired of my damn bosses working all the damn time and having to file grievances. I would hope we get 10 times pay if a sup or manager works! Addison hub is the worst hub i think there is. I would hope for a dollar rise also and cola! I'm sorry if you union doesn't know how to give a good fight a good contact and had to sign the national agreemnt one. Personally i think it is bad you have to give up your cola and all. Because here in chicago, this area sucks with apartments. 600 bucks for a one bedroom apartment that's hard to earn on a part timer wage! Plus the hours suck too! I hope to get 4 hours a day! Its not my fault that we barely have any volume when today was close to 180K. I heard that on the radio because i had to wear the radio since there wasn't a sup to take care of my sort ilse! I shouldn't have to do a sup job i should just have to sort! So get off the 705 ass for standing up for themselves! :angry:

Sounds like you live and work in a screwed up place. That should be your problem not our problem.

tyugar

I work in the same hub as Capt, and everything he says is true but that's just scratching the surface. You are from the USA and work at UPS right tieguy? So how is that only our problem? It's like having lung cancer and saying, that's just my lungs problem, not mine!

No wonder we are less than 2 days away from a strike! :angry:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For a part timer that's a whopping 2 bucks a week. Wow!

That's what they exactly want. They want to say they make more money than us. They feel they accomplished something when they make a dime an hour more than all of us.

UPS rubbed their shoulders, told 710/705 that they were their favorite locals, and put an extra dime on their plate

:congrats: "BUT DON'T TELL THE OTHERS, YOU'RE MY FAVORITE LOCAL"

Leftinbuilding

That's what they exactly want. They want to say they make more money than us. They feel they accomplished something when they make a dime an hour more than all of us.

UPS rubbed their shoulders, told 710/705 that they were their favorite locals, and put an extra dime on their plate

Then the union picked up the dime and the plate and said, "This will help with our strike fund". LOL You Chicagoians really drive a hard bargain. $.10 WOW Can I float a loan? If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at us laughing at you.

tieguy

Banned
I work in the same hub as Capt, and everything he says is true but that's just scratching the surface. You are from the USA and work at UPS right tieguy? So how is that only our problem? It's like having lung cancer and saying, that's just my lungs problem, not mine!

No wonder we are less than 2 days away from a strike! :angry:

Package,
In this case it would having lung cancer and expecting the whole world to come to a stop.

The fact that 710 got theirs settled with quiet professionalism shows that your problem is the team you have negotiating for you. That should be your problem and not our problem.

The "Capt" spoke of the problems they have in chicago. If you guys walk there is a good chance many customers will leave you. There is a chance that UPS will decide they have too many eggs in your basket. Whatever your conditions now what you come back to could very well be a lot worse.

You guys need to tell your leaders to stop playing games and get it done like 710 did.

browned out

Yeah figure it out 10 cents an hour 15 cents an hour OT, vacation, holiday pay, etc over 5 years. If you have the extra cash; buy a clue.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yeah figure it out 10 cents an hour 15 cents an hour OT, vacation, holiday pay, etc over 5 years. If you have the extra cash; buy a clue.

Apparently you will be the one with the extra cash !!!

So I will have to budget my (paycheck - 10 cents/ hr) to buy the clue !

Make sure you grab those big silver ballons at IParty for your contract celebration.:foamfinger:

over9five

Staff member
You mean all this was about money???? You mean it's true allllll 705 wanted was to be better than the rest of us??? Say it ain't so!!!!

It was about solidarity, right??? Sticking together?? Having each others back??

What a joke.

drewed

Shankman
You mean all this was about money???? You mean it's true allllll 705 wanted was to be better than the rest of us??? Say it ain't so!!!!

What a joke.

I thought they said the economics didnt matter, it was all about the language :( was someone fibbing? wait till dad gets home hesss gonna be maaddddddd

browned out

What a joke.

I am not from 705 or 710. It is not about the money. Read their contract company proposal and take the blind fold off and let the truth set you free. If we all would have held out and not settled months early; then that would have been solidarity.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Know one is denying that our contract sucks. Hoffa has a real good chance of not getting elected again for "forcing" this first proposal on us.

The issue about the 10 cents is after reading 15 threads on the proposed strike, and the long line of posts saying they deserve more money than the rest of us.

SOLIDARITY?????

Now I hate the Cubs more !!