Strike readiness

This contract is trash. Management will be sending drivers home with no work every Monday. I would rather go on strike for a few days than work 4 day weeks for the next 5 years.
Sending you home? If I drive to work, im working. If I’m laid off they better call me no less than 45 minutes before my start time, after they know who calls in sick. The same people who are laid off on Monday are the same people who will possibly be laid off on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday after a strike.

davidix

Preloaders live with their parents so they'll be ok.

Drivers I have no idea. A lot of people living paycheck to paycheck. I can go a solid month with no paycheck.

Now ask yourself. How long can the company go without drivers? Probably not very long. Not to mention the business they'll lose during the strike.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Management will be sending drivers home with no work every Monday.

What does your supplement say ?

Do you even know ?

The same people who are laid off on Monday are the same people who will possibly be laid off on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday

I'm (paraphrasing ?) your post for a reason.

In the Central Region.. since 1973..

A 10% employee could be denied work on any day of the week.

The 90% employees, are guaranteed a 40 hour work week, if worked on the first day.

Contractually.... the company must post your start time the preceding Friday.

And then, we have a 6 hour "show up" guarantee.

All this BS internet "speculation" makes me laugh.

-Bug-

Tony Q

Let's keep it to talking about ideas for preparing for a strike. I'm trying to foster strength and unity, not division and weakness. If you want to promote weakness and fear mongering, take it to any of @Tony Q's cowardly threads.

Come strike time we will not cower in fear
We'll be on the picket line and shower in beer.
So what you are saying is you only want your side of the story out there?

Skooney

I think it's funny when I bring up if work is available to my BA he has no good explanation on why or what reason it was put into this contract. Give UPS a inch they will take a mile, any person with half a brain that works at UPS knows this. I really hope the langauge will be eliminated.

Same here. The BA and UPS mgmt in the centers KNOW exactly why the IF work is availale was left in, yet they refuse to be forthright.
The IF WORK IS AVAILABLE has got to go. They came up with brand new language guaranteeing every 22.4 companywide 40 hours BUT they can not and did not include that exact same guarantee for full RPCDs who have more seniority and deserve to have the 40 hour guarantee before any 22.4? UNACEPTABLE. VOTE NO

I’m sorry, but if you actually believe you won’t get your 40 hours, i have a bridge to sell you.

There is no way on earth we wouldn’t get 40 hours, our average planned day is close to 10, maybe even a bit over.

Skooney

Let's keep it to talking about ideas for preparing for a strike. I'm trying to foster strength and unity, not division and weakness. If you want to promote weakness and fear mongering, take it to any of @Tony Q's cowardly threads.

Come strike time we will not cower in fear
We'll be on the picket line and shower in beer.
So what you are saying is you only want your side of the story out there?

No, he’s saying your side is nothing but BS propaganda trying to influence people perfectly capable of making their own decisions. That’s how bad this contract is, the fact people like you, which the union is clearly influencing are needed to try and sway people into a yes vote.

Go away.

Tony Q

No, he’s saying your side is nothing but BS propaganda trying to influence people perfectly capable of making their own decisions. That’s how bad this contract is, the fact people like you, which the union is clearly influencing are needed to try and sway people into a yes vote.

Go away.
There is a lot of misinformation out there to sway the vote toward a no vote. This information is politically motivated. So I think I will do what I feel is needed.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Is there a flat rate for everyone who receives a strike check or do those with more time get more pay? I’m not worried about it I have enough savings to go several months without making an income, but more than half of Americans can’t even scrape up 500$ for an unexpected bill. Low pay is a great way to beat down the worker and bust unions and strikes.

Skooney

There is a lot of misinformation out there to sway the vote toward a no vote. This information is politically motivated. So I think I will do what I feel is needed.

And being politically motivated is worse than a guy getting paid to scream vote yes?

It's no different. Except what you don't realize, is you're the sheep.

rebel87

Come in on Monday and ask for your 8 hours, if they deny file a grievance, pretty simple
Wrong. U cant file a grievance. Guaranteed 40 hours if work is available. If work is not available on Monday you are not guaranteed anything. A lot of RPCD's will be laid off Monday because of 22.4 delivering on Sat and Sun.

rebel87

Also a lot of misinformation about us going on strike if we vote no. If we vote no that will send them back to the negotiating table.

babboo25

Banned
Wrong. U cant file a grievance. Guaranteed 40 hours if work is available. If work is not available on Monday you are not guaranteed anything. A lot of RPCD's will be laid off Monday because of 22.4 delivering on Sat and Sun.
No you’re wrong, top 90% are guaranteed 8/40. Local 710

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I’m sorry, but if you actually believe you won’t get your 40 hours, i have a bridge to sell you.

There is no way on earth we wouldn’t get 40 hours, our average planned day is close to 10, maybe even a bit over.
How long have you worked at UPS? Tell me how has loopholes in the last contract worked in favor for the union? Get back to me when you have time to think it through hot shot.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I’d hold onto the money because it will be gone after about 16 days on the picket line.
4E1EAACB-A2AD-49DE-82BA-CC6981AD0CD3.gif