Strike readiness

Skooney

How long have you worked at UPS? Tell me how has loopholes in the last contract worked in favor for the union? Get back to me when you have time to think it through hot shot.

20+. Thanks.

I can't even tell you the last time I worked a straight 40 hour week. Please, tell me again about what I don't know.

If you truly think for a second you won't get 40 hours, buy my bridge.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
20+. Thanks.

I can't even tell you the last time I worked a straight 40 hour week. Please, tell me again about what I don't know.

What kind of bridge is it? We need details before thinking about buying..

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
20+. Thanks.

You didn't answer my second question of how loopholes in the last contract worked in favor of the union? Please take your time I dont want to rush any responses from you.

babboo25

Banned
You didn't answer my second question of how loopholes in the last contract worked in favor of the union? Please take your time I dont want to rush any responses from you.
You no voters sure are disgruntled, have you thought about looking for a new job? You all seem so miserable.

babboo25

Banned
They don’t have to. UPS always has the choice to address things prior to customers jumping ship.
But they will jump ship, vote no campaigners are fighting for the new 22.4s right? Willing to strike for it even but if that happens all the lower seniority RPCD will be permanently laid off. You can’t be that naive to think that won’t happen. Wall Street controls UPS now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So what you are saying is you only want your side of the story out there?

Just like a fraud to distract from the point. This thread is about being ready for a strike, not voting. You started in with the scare tactics/yes vote propaganda, and the flood gates opened. You have plenty of propaganda threads, so keep that stuff over in those. I'd still like to keep this thread on topic.

Last edited:

Froome

No voters are not disgruntled. We are realistic. We have worked at UPS long enough to know if there is any ambiguity in the language it will be twisted from the original intent. Read the contract and see where things could be interpreted differently than the intent. You wouldn't accept a contract on a house that was ambiguous. Why would you accept one with your employer.

babboo25

Banned
No voters are not disgruntled. We are realistic. We have worked at UPS long enough to know if there is any ambiguity in the language it will be twisted from the original intent. Read the contract and see where things could be interpreted differently than the intent. You wouldn't accept a contract on a house that was ambiguous. Why would you accept one with your employer.
I’ve worked at UPS for 25 years, I’m realistic, I know I can’t make this kind of money delivering pkgs anywhere else. I hate UPS with a passion but they pay the bills and insurance. Majority of No voters on here are disgruntled but I’d be willing to bet most will actually vote yes.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
But they will jump ship, vote no campaigners are fighting for the new 22.4s right? Willing to strike for it even but if that happens all the lower seniority RPCD will be permanently laid off. You can’t be that naive to think that won’t happen. Wall Street controls UPS now.
We are willing to strike. UPS can address it or not. You cannot convince me that it’s all or nothing. If Wall Street controls UPS, why are we even negotiating? Is your theory to just accept whatever they give?

Froome

It's not getting ready for a strike. It's getting ready for life. Put away money for bad times, strike, injury or loss of job. Keep a balance that can carry you at least one month without any income. It will serve you well when a unexpected event hits you. The end of a contract is not a surprise, so plan accordingly. The one we are voting on now expires in 5 years. Get ready, there may be a strike.

BigBrown87

If you hate the place so bad why not get another job? It’s not a lame ass response, you all just seem so dam miserable.
Same material same lame ass response, what part of get better material didn't you understand? Please use the thing between your ears God gave you, if not ask supervisor to direct you how to use it if need be.

BigBrown87

I’ve worked at UPS for 25 years, I’m realistic, I know I can’t make this kind of money delivering pkgs anywhere else. I hate UPS with a passion but they pay the bills and insurance. Majority of No voters on here are disgruntled but I’d be willing to bet most will actually vote yes.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but already voted No officially the day I got the ballot your theory is crap and not valid. Got anything else? So you admit you hate UPS but rag on NO voters for expressing their concerns over the new contract language? Hypocrite

Froome

We will find out in Oct.when the votes are counted.