Strike readiness

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Since our leaders insist on using the possibility of a strike to try and sway the vote, I thought it might be a good to send a message to let them know we're ready, and aren't afraid.

I voted yes for the strike authorization because I believe in the strength of the Union of workers, and feel we need to have every tool at our disposal to make sure we get the best contract possible. I am personally quite prepared to weather a strike almost indefinitely, but I understand that many fellow members may not be as prepared. It is up to the strong to help the weak, so together we are all stronger.

I pledge to sign any strike fund checks I receive back over to the local for the purpose of helping other members who need the extra help. I encourage anyone and everyone to do what they can now to prepare, just in case, so we can send the leadership and the company a message that we will stand together, united in strength.

Feel free to share your ideas on how we can stay strong and united.

Since our leaders insist on using the possibility of a strike to try and sway the vote, I thought it might be a good to send a message to let them know we're ready, and aren't afraid.

I voted yes for the strike authorization because I believe in the strength of the Union of workers, and feel we need to have every tool at our disposal to make sure we get the best contract possible. I am personally quite prepared to weather a strike almost indefinitely, but I understand that many fellow members may not be as prepared. It is up to the strong to help the weak, so together we are all stronger.

I pledge to sign any strike fund checks I receive back over to the local for the purpose of helping other members who need the extra help. I encourage anyone and everyone to do what they can now to prepare, just in case, so we can send the leadership and the company a message that we will stand together, united in strength.

If we strike a lot of members will be needing financial help. The monthly payments on a $60k pick up is a real killer when you are not making $2k a week anymore.

Tony Q

I’d hold onto the money because it will be gone after about 16 days on the picket line.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Let's keep it to talking about ideas for preparing for a strike. I'm trying to foster strength and unity, not division and weakness. If you want to promote weakness and fear mongering, take it to any of @Tony Q's cowardly threads.

Come strike time we will not cower in fear
We'll be on the picket line and shower in beer.

WTFm8

I have enough in the bank to get me through 3.5 months of no income... I was hired as a cover 11 months ago and have been paying debt down since I qualified in April. A little over 1/3 gone.

I know a ton of the PT will probably cross. It’s the locals fault for not being involved and ignorance of the PT employees for paying dues but not knowing the contact/protections.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have enough in the bank to get me through 3.5 months of no income... I was hired as a cover 11 months ago and have been paying debt down since I qualified in April. A little over 1/3 gone.

I know a ton of the PT will probably cross. It’s the locals fault for not being involved and ignorance of the PT employees for paying dues but not knowing the contact/protections.

In the event that a strike does seem likely, all stewards need to be touching base with members and helping to get them prepared and directing them to appropriate resources. I know I will be.

Days

Why are we even considering a strike honestly. Just give rights in the ontract for 22.4 positions (same as drivers) and I think most people would be happy

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why are we even considering a strike honestly. Just give rights in the ontract for 22.4 positions (same as drivers) and I think most people would be happy

Since leadership insists on bringing it up, I figure we should take control of the conversation. I agree that the contract can be made acceptable with some relatively minor adjustments. It'd be a lot less work for the Union to just fix it than to declare, organize and run a strike.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
And take out if work is available and when scheduled. Their are a lot of concessions that should go but if half where eliminated, you might get more to sign the dotted line. Anything has to be better then what they are offering now, I mean giving the cow and horse at the same time isn't right.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And take out if work is available and when scheduled. Their are a lot of concessions that should go but if half where eliminated, you might get more to sign the dotted line. Anything has to be better then what they are offering now, I mean giving the cow and horse at the same time isn't right.

I don't understand how language regarding ground drivers was ever put in an article section specifically about a different classification of driver.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I don't understand how language regarding ground drivers was ever put in an article section specifically about a different classification of driver.
I think it's funny when I bring up if work is available to my BA he has no good explanation on why or what reason it was put into this contract. Give UPS a inch they will take a mile, any person with half a brain that works at UPS knows this. I really hope the langauge will be eliminated.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think it's funny when I bring up if work is available to my BA he has no good explanation on why or what reason it was put into this contract. Give UPS a inch they will take a mile, any person with half a brain that works at UPS knows this. I really hope the langauge will be eliminated.

That's one of the major, legitimate, concerns that the union seems to deflect from answering, or glosses over.

browned out

Same here. The BA and UPS mgmt in the centers KNOW exactly why the IF work is availale was left in, yet they refuse to be forthright.
The IF WORK IS AVAILABLE has got to go. They came up with brand new language guaranteeing every 22.4 companywide 40 hours BUT they can not and did not include that exact same guarantee for full RPCDs who have more seniority and deserve to have the 40 hour guarantee before any 22.4? UNACEPTABLE. VOTE NO

babboo25

Banned
Same here. The BA and UPS mgmt in the centers KNOW exactly why the IF work is availale was left in, yet they refuse to be forthright.
The IF WORK IS AVAILABLE has got to go. They came up with brand new language guaranteeing every 22.4 companywide 40 hours BUT they can not and did not include that exact same guarantee for full RPCDs who have more seniority and deserve to have the 40 hour guarantee before any 22.4? UNACEPTABLE. VOTE NO
Come in on Monday and ask for your 8 hours, if they deny file a grievance, pretty simple

IF WORK IS AVAILABLE. Is the way it’s always been. That’s why most places have daily layoffs. I believe it was put in because of the 8 hr a day, 40 hr a week guarantee (if you show up on time).

Your 22.4 garbage is just plain wrong and misleading. The fact is 22,4 are only guaranteed 40 hours if work is available.