Strike Rumors

Every union member I know that crossed the picket line in 97, is sitting on a big heaping pile of stock they received as a bonus for the last 12 out of 13 years. See Ups promoted them to full time management and they cashed in.

As far as my hands go, I like what's on them. It's reminds me how people really are. It reminds me not to trust anyone.

Wow, they got their 4 acres and a mule. Good for them. Cash is only valid here on earth and even the biggest dividend check won't be able to cure all that hate you have in your heart.

JonFrum

Every union member I know that crossed the picket line in 97, is sitting on a big heaping pile of stock they received as a bonus for the last 12 out of 13 years. See Ups promoted them to full time management and they cashed in.

As far as my hands go, I like what's on them. It's reminds me how people really are. It reminds me not to trust anyone.
At all times there are duplicitous people who are nominally members of the Local Union, but who are really management wannabees who's real loyalty is to Management. A strike forces their hand when UPS demands they "out" themselves and cross the strike line, just like any Management employee is obligated to do. How can they refuse UPS in its time of desperation, and ever hope to later be among the Chosen?

It's unbelievable that someone can fly under false colors, even attend confidential union meetings, then switch sides at such a crucial time. But as unethical as it is, it's perfectly legal.

Of course, such a union member would be fined. And it's doubtful he would last long as a Supervisor. One side would hate him; both sides would distrust him.

You say you know such people who are still with the Company thirteen years later? Surviving the shark-infested waters of Management for thirteen years is quite an feat, even for someone who is respected. All the harder for a defector.

deleted9

If anyone was a Teamsters Union Member during the Strike of '97 and crossed the picket line to work, let's here from you. 2 Units want's to know if you got fined or were allowed to keep your 30 pieces of silver.

Wow no responses.............. i guess it is just a threat not a fact......... i guess some people are just book smart not street smart, and believe everything they read. Oh well

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And it's doubtful he would last long as a Supervisor. One side would hate him; both sides would distrust him.

The people I have met who crossed the line are not interested in going in to Management ... they are independent thinkers and have a strong streak on independence which does not work well in either environment.
Both sides like the follower.

alblock45

UPS is making money hand over fist and every penny of it comes off OUR BACKS ! Drivers leaving with 10-15% more than is humanly possible to deliver on top of key-stroke max/min planning.

JonFrum

Wow no responses.............. i guess it is just a threat not a fact......... i guess some people are just book smart not street smart, and believe everything they read. Oh well
That's some strange logic you're using.

I said that Teamster members who even contemplated crossing the strike line, would be disuaded from doing so, in part, because the Union can legally fine them and take away all their ill gotten gains. Thus your claim that you know of Teamsters who crossed the line, and then went into
Management and have survived in Management until now and are sitting on a pile of UPS stock, is bogus.

To prove it, I challenged your imaginary friends who could back up your senario to post their tale. No one has. Which tends to prove my point, not yours.

alblock45

Some talk going on around here too. One reason we went out in '97 was due to the previous 4 decades of being treated like dogs for the most part. Seems as though our upper brass ( read " CEO" ) has not been properly briefed by his underlings. Perhaps a history lesson is in order--if there is anyone left other than " yes men" to conduct such a lesson. It's just like the US economy--entrepreneurship ( brains) will help get us back on track. Computer metrix will never be as efficient as a thinking human ( Driver). Now if we can only get those Ga Tech 22 yr olds to listen.....

bigblu 2 you

In 97, i was in a metro building on the east coast and we serviced as many customers per day as we could, without incident...... do not know what you are talking about
glad you" scabbed",i mean serviced your many customers without incident.in our local we had no employees cross to my knowledge.and if they had most of the proud working people in our areas would have told them what they thought of scabs.but then again the way you "use business agents"to make your job easier you have to be far superior in knowledge than the workers you scabbed on and the customers you "serviced".i would love for you to service some places i know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

glad you" scabbed",i mean serviced your many customers without incident.in our local we had no employees cross to my knowledge.and if they had most of the proud working people in our areas would have told them what they thought of scabs.but then again the way you "use business agents"to make your job easier you have to be far superior in knowledge than the workers you scabbed on and the customers you "serviced".i would love for you to service some places i know.

2 units is/was management and he was simply doing his job.

deleted9

That's some strange logic you're using.

I said that Teamster members who even contemplated crossing the strike line, would be disuaded from doing so, in part, because the Union can legally fine them and take away all their ill gotten gains. Thus your claim that you know of Teamsters who crossed the line, and then went into
Management and have survived in Management until now and are sitting on a pile of UPS stock, is bogus.

To prove it, I challenged your imaginary friends who could back up your senario to post their tale. No one has. Which tends to prove my point, not yours.

I think you got me confused with someone else, i am not the one who said line crossers went into management, Teamsters can legally do a lot of things but they don't because it costs money and the end result does not justify the cost. By the way you are the one who specifically ask people on bc to share their line crossing fines, no one stepped up.

deleted9

I guess you must have been sleeping on the picket line as the full package cars rolled out with deliveries and came back with the air pick ups because it happened all over whether you knew about it or not. Thats a fact!

deleted9

Some talk going on around here too. One reason we went out in '97 was due to the previous 4 decades of being treated like dogs for the most part. Seems as though our upper brass ( read " CEO" ) has not been properly briefed by his underlings. Perhaps a history lesson is in order--if there is anyone left other than " yes men" to conduct such a lesson. It's just like the US economy--entrepreneurship ( brains) will help get us back on track. Computer metrix will never be as efficient as a thinking human ( Driver). Now if we can only get those Ga Tech 22 yr olds to listen.....

The 97 strike was political....... had nothing to do with what you think it was.

UPSSOCKS

Anyhow let me answer the question. There is no chance of a strike. The guys that run the union are fat and happy. They won't strike because it doesn't benefit them. The teamsters are so divided that they don't even have enough organization to plan a cookout. Anyhow, the big boys that run the teamsters are living large, and they won't push because they got it good. I find it interesting, in a previous post someone said UPS is thriving off of the drivers backs? What do you think the union officials are doing? Not only are they thriving off of the workers backs, but you pay them once a month for doing it. Thanks for the dues

bigblu 2 you

I guess you must have been sleeping on the picket line as the full package cars rolled out with deliveries and came back with the air pick ups because it happened all over whether you knew about it or not. Thats a fact!
bullsquat,not everywhere!matbe in scabville where you live,im done with you,,,i will no longer reply to scabs or sheite muslim extremists.btw if you were bringing them in and out "full" and with air pick ups then why did you need us call us back to work?????seems like you were living your scab dream.

rod

Retired 22 years

Not at my center it didn't. Management took out empty package cars and drove around to make it look like it was business as usual
but very very very few packages were ever delievered. Only one feeder showed up at our building during the whole strike and our "inside spy" told us it was so empty that they could have stuffed all the packages in the tractor and left the trailer back at the Mpls. hub. We had NO scabs.

JonFrum

The people I have met who crossed the line are not interested in going in to Management ... they are independent thinkers and have a strong streak on independence which does not work well in either environment.
Both sides like the follower.
Were any of the line-crossers actual Teamster members at the time of crossing? I'm guessing they were either non-union to begin with, or perhaps they resigned their union membership in writing, in advance, as required, and then crossed as a non-union employee.

JonFrum

I think you got me confused with someone else, i am not the one who said line crossers went into management, Teamsters can legally do a lot of things but they don't because it costs money and the end result does not justify the cost. By the way you are the one who specifically ask people on bc to share their line crossing fines, no one stepped up.
I did confuse the two of you. You seemed to be arguing along the same lines.

I think of UPSSOCKS as the Management Guy with 2 Socks, and you as the Management Guy with, . . .well, . . . 2 Units!!! :surprised:

Sorry for any confusion.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Out of a couple hundred drivers in my building we had eight cross the line. Two went into management, two have since quit, two have retired, two are still working. I'm not aware of any sanctions/fines imposed on them by the union, but we're a right to work state so they probably weren't members anyway.

deleted9

bullsquat,not everywhere!matbe in scabville where you live,im done with you,,,i will no longer reply to scabs or sheite muslim extremists.btw if you were bringing them in and out "full" and with air pick ups then why did you need us call us back to work?????seems like you were living your scab dream.

You need help.......... you have hate issues......... believe what you want i know what really went on........ what actually happened is above your pay grade