Strike Rumors

satellitedriver

The only thing you can destroy is your own career.. Your union is powerless..
I am a scab and even I know that what you state is a crock of
-(expletive deleted, by self moderation)-.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
is there a teamster union at ups anymore??? i guess i will have to wait till election time,, thats the only time we ever see our business agent,,,, to find out.............................

UPSSOCKS

had three managers try to take trucks out at last strike and they never made it out of the lot. just give me the chance to prove what i will or will not do and you will see a TYPICAL union members organization skills.now go back to eating your doughnut and reading the paper in your cubicle and dreaming of being a union member yourself.

I'm not sure what you are saying but ok...

And when someone does deliver in your area you won't do anything about it. Typical union, all talk no action... Keep paying your dues to a weak union. I guarantee you that if you do strike, it will be a union member delivering in your area. You guys are not united anymore.

Maybe where UPS decided to ship you out for the 30th time there may be no union presence, I buy that much of your story. However, I guarantee you this isn't the case in and around the general vicinity of all major cities on the eastern sea board. All I ever read from you on these boards is how weak the union is and how you discipline people who attempt to socialize with Teamster agents. You obviously are a manager in some backwards country center that consists of 1 center and 10 routes. You truly have no idea what happens to managers like you when a real local union enters the equation. I'll give you a hint -- they get shipped out of town with their tail between their legs. I've seen it happen more times than I can count on two hands. I totally agree that as a whole the IBT is weak because Hoffa is weak, but believe me there are locals in this nation that hold a lot of weight.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And when someone does deliver in your area you won't do anything about it. Typical union, all talk no action... Keep paying your dues to a weak union. I guarantee you that if you do strike, it will be a union member delivering in your area. You guys are not united anymore.

Some of what you say here is out of jealousy, partially stemming from the outrageous pay and benefits plan FT'ers are recieving. However, you are correct in that the majority of union UPS'ers are weak.

UPSSOCKS

Maybe where UPS decided to ship you out for the 30th time there may be no union presence, I buy that much of your story. However, I guarantee you this isn't the case in and around the general vicinity of all major cities on the eastern sea board. All I ever read from you on these boards is how weak the union is and how you discipline people who attempt to socialize with Teamster agents. You obviously are a manager in some backwards country center that consists of 1 center and 10 routes. You truly have no idea what happens to managers like you when a real local union enters the equation. I'll give you a hint -- they get shipped out of town with their tail between their legs. I've seen it happen more times than I can count on two hands. I totally agree that as a whole the IBT is weak because Hoffa is weak, but believe me there are locals in this nation that hold a lot of weight.

I have worked in all of the top 15 buildiings based on amount of union employees, and I am currently working in one of the ten largest hubs. I have been shipped out everywhere, sometimes against my will. I have alot of time with the company, definitely more than most of you. The union is almost completely transparent. I see things that would of happened when we were private. A public company that operates the same as they did when they were private = a weak union... If me telling you that your union is strong makes you feel better, then your union is still strong. After all that's the whole point right? The union is there to make you feel better. I hope you feel better. Because it's a beautiful system, you pay the union dues and the union gives in to us. In the end you think you got something, and we pretend like you do. Face the facts.. I feel bad for guys like you....

UPSSOCKS

Some of what you say here is out of jealousy, partially stemming from the outrageous pay and benefits plan FT'ers are recieving. However, you are correct in that the majority of union UPS'ers are weak.

Jealousy?? I'm not sure if I follow. I have nothing to be jealous about. I am better off than any union worker at UPS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Jealousy?? I'm not sure if I follow. I have nothing to be jealous about. I am better off than any union worker at UPS.

Well, like you said , as long as YOU are happy telling yourself that. Much like the union is useless, so is UPS. Think about it- you are a low-level supervisor that went nowhere and at the end of the line. No blinders will change reality, sorry.

I have run into hundreds of FT supervisors, and not one is in a better position than a union hourly. Zero. Not one.

Congrats on being the one example of hundreds ( in your own little mind) :)

Yeah, you made out with the IPO, big deal. Yeah, you have a higher salary than all hourly workers, big deal. At the end of the day you didn't work hard for what you have -- so it means nothing.

All I have to do is go to the locker room and wash the dirt and filth off from this job at the end of every weekday. You, my friend, have stuff on your hands that will never wash off and I wouldn't want that for all the tea in China.

deleted9

Yeah, you made out with the IPO, big deal. Yeah, you have a higher salary than all hourly workers, big deal. At the end of the day you didn't work hard for what you have -- so it means nothing.

All I have to do is go to the locker room and wash the dirt and filth off from this job at the end of every weekday. You, my friend, have stuff on your hands that will never wash off and I wouldn't want that for all the tea in China.

This post makes no sense!!!

deleted9

Unfortunately you have no clue, the thing nobody realizes is that the business agents get it from both ends, the members complain to them and when they would come into a building i was working in i complained and used them to correct the problem employees before the problem went any further. If you think management are afraid(ha,ha) of the business agents you are sadly mistaken at least in my case, i used them to make my job easier before i made their job harder........ by the way i spent a number of years on the east coast in some of the biggest buildings ups has.

deleted9

Well, like you said , as long as YOU are happy telling yourself that. Much like the union is useless, so is UPS. Think about it- you are a low-level supervisor that went nowhere and at the end of the line. No blinders will change reality, sorry.

I have run into hundreds of FT supervisors, and not one is in a better position than a union hourly. Zero. Not one.

Congrats on being the one example of hundreds ( in your own little mind) :)

Do not know what you mean by better position....... if you mean financially each individual has their own goals, what you consider a lot of money i probably don"t because i have different goals from you. if you mean opportunity to better yourself then management is the way to go, if you are happy going to work everyday doing the same thing so be it.

deleted9

When a union member works during an authorized strike, standard procedure is for the Local to fine the member for doing so. The fine is traditionally equal to the amount of money the union member makes during the strike. Thus the union member knows in advance that if he works during a legal strike, he is working for free. All the grief he will get for working is a kind of Bonus.

The fine could be higher than the amount of money earned, of course. This is all quite legal. A member who doesn't pay his fine will be take to Court and ordered by a Judge to pay his fine.

That may be standard procedure but does it really happen or is it just a threat of it happening?

deleted9

had three managers try to take trucks out at last strike and they never made it out of the lot. just give me the chance to prove what i will or will not do and you will see a TYPICAL union members organization skills.now go back to eating your doughnut and reading the paper in your cubicle and dreaming of being a union member yourself.

In 97, i was in a metro building on the east coast and we serviced as many customers per day as we could, without incident...... do not know what you are talking about

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do not know what you mean by better position....... if you mean financially each individual has their own goals, what you consider a lot of money i probably don"t because i have different goals from you. if you mean opportunity to better yourself then management is the way to go, if you are happy going to work everyday doing the same thing so be it.

Rest assured, you don't know me or anything about my financial goals. Also, I wasn't talking to you. Thanks for the input anyway.

JonFrum

That may be standard procedure but does it really happen or is it just a threat of it happening?
If anyone was a Teamsters Union Member during the Strike of '97 and crossed the picket line to work, let's here from you. 2 Units want's to know if you got fined or were allowed to keep your 30 pieces of silver.

upsgrunt

Where is the opportunity to better yourself when you are told what to do and then do it- just like union employees?

UPSSOCKS

Every union member I know that crossed the picket line in 97, is sitting on a big heaping pile of stock they received as a bonus for the last 12 out of 13 years. See Ups promoted them to full time management and they cashed in.

As far as my hands go, I like what's on them. It's reminds me how people really are. It reminds me not to trust anyone.