Strike talk reaching mainstream media

Observer

Myron Gray recently retired (thank God) somebody else took over his position. Myron was a waste of good money. After viewing him one time on national TV - he couldn't even articulate well. He came off as one grossly overly paid managment person who didn't even understand the topic on hand. Good riddance!!!!!

UPS1982

The company is getting dumber by the minute.

Appearance standards for drivers don't apply, until you leave the building.

-Bug-
I'm pretty sure you have to be in compliance at your start time. Also, I bet this driver was repeatedly asked to turn his hat around before he was walked off. I do agree this is a jerk move by his management team, but if asked just comply because you're wasting union dues acting like a child.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm pretty sure you have to be in compliance at your start time.

Absolutely not.

At that point, you are the equivalent of any "inside" employee.

I do agree this is a jerk move by his management team

Standard operating procedure ?

But if asked just comply because you're wasting union dues acting like a child.

@UPS1982

How about you worry about UPS management stuff.

My Union friends and I....

Will take care of the (heavy lifting) for Union Members.

-Bug-

LongIslandNewbie

What much of the public doesn't understand and need to is the fact that not all drivers make 75K. I am only 2 years in, no 75K here. I miss important family events, I am forced to work Saturdays, I am harassed and I mean harassed and brought in for everything daily by management. The 14 hour forced days are taking a huge toll on my physical and mental health and yes if I can manage to stick it out for 25 years and still be able to walk I will have a decent pension but is it worth all I have lost?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
OK,

We don't make $95K
We don't have a good health plan
We don't have a pension
Wages across the economy have risen at the rate we have gotten since '97.
Great family health plans are a dime a dozen.
Everyone has a pension.

Am I right now?
Yes. But by the time I get home all my neighbors have already driven home in traffic, walked their dog, had family time, ate dinner, tucked their kids into bed, taken a shower and are in bed asleep.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yes. But by the time I get home all my neighbors have already driven home in traffic, walked their dog, had family time, ate dinner, tucked their kids into bed, taken a shower and are in bed asleep.
I see guys playing outside with their children in the evening, playing catch, riding bikes, etc... Not only does it pull at my heartstrings, but overwhelms me with confusion. My brain can no longer comprehend what it's like to not be delivering Amazon, late into the evening.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also, had multiple customers bring up the possibility of a strike today. All basically thought it was about ups trying to add Sunday. I kindly told them that there are a lot more factors than anyone not working for ups would know.

One told me the FedEx express guy said he really really hopes we don't strike, cuz it was an absolute crap show in 97 there

Also, had multiple customers bring up the possibility of a strike today. All basically thought it was about ups trying to add Sunday. I kindly told them that there are a lot more factors than anyone not working for ups would know.

One told me the FedEx express guy said he really really hopes we don't strike, cuz it was an absolute crap show in 97 there
I told them it's not about the money for the full time top rate drivers it's about the welfare and food stamp program that the part times have to deal with.

F

Frankie's Friend

Myron Gray recently retired (thank God) somebody else took over his position. Myron was a waste of good money. After viewing him one time on national TV - he couldn't even articulate well. He came off as one grossly overly paid managment person who didn't even understand the topic on hand. Good riddance!!!!!
Good. I couldn't stand talking to that guy. What whitewash.
I avoided him like a plague and refused to sit in the same meetings with that dude. No way. Total waste of time.

Who is that anyway?

F

Frankie's Friend

Not only do I want my turkey, I also want retro turkeys.
Lmao.
20180421_204842.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

Many customers on my route said they heard we were going on strike.
I told them the media got it screwed up and it was actually FedEx.
Blank looks abound.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master

I went to work for Fedex in Louisville during the 97 strike. Had to pay the bills ya know. After 2 days, myself and my two other UPS buddies walked out because they treated us like absolute dog crap. I can't tell you how much I wanted to kick that Fedex supervisors ass back then. We walked out together. My buddy, God rest his soul, had some choice words for that guy. I will never forget that. I couldn't live on $52 a week then.