Strike Vote

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Why are we doing an in person strike vote? Especially with such short notice. This seems very uncoordinated to me.

I thought the goal was to get more participation this time.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture here.
My useless stewards didn’t even make a college try to inform people what was going on. No call, no text, no telegram. 112-4 in favor he tells me a week later. Theres over 200 employees… that johnny pencil pusher showed up for several hours in the evening allegedly. Didn’t even bring hot dogs

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My useless stewards didn’t even make a college try to inform people what was going on. No call, no text, no telegram. 112-4 in favor he tells me a week later. Theres over 200 employees… that johnny pencil pusher showed up for several hours in the evening allegedly. Didn’t even bring hot dogs
I'm not sure you understand the role and duties of a steward?

....or the lack of compensation and gratitude that comes with the job.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Still a very good voter participation…:hi5:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm not sure you understand the role and duties of a steward?

....or the lack of compensation and gratitude that comes with the job.
It’s a thankless job…some of the stories I’ve heard about members copping an attitude to a steward trying to represent them are seriously fkd up…you want to be an ass, go represent yourself mthrfkr

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s a thankless job…some of the stories I’ve heard about members copping an attitude to a steward trying to represent them are seriously fkd up…you want to be an ass, go represent yourself mthrfkr

I was representing myself since 1995...I am serious..:warriorsmiley:

Its_a_me

Our steward is useless and lets management get away with anything so long as he gets to leave earlier than everyone else.

Golfs with them all the time and is their "friend."

Thebrownblob

Our steward is useless and lets management get away with anything so long as he gets to leave earlier than everyone else.

Is he appointed or is he elected? If elected, get a group large enough to sign a petition to get another vote for steward, if what you say is true, it should not be difficult. If he’s appointed, I would be calling your executive board daily.

Its_a_me

Is he appointed or is he elected? If elected, get a group large enough to get another vote for steward, if what you say is true, it should not be difficult. If he’s appointed, I would be calling your executive board daily
The grievance I last filed was heard 11 months later (and the excuse was they scheduled the hearing during your vacation time but didn't notice at first).

and settled for .50 on the dollar as my cost to take it to panel for full amount would have been multiple 2 hour drives/hotel room....and they turned around and did it for the 11 months in between (filing and settlement) and started doing it again less than 1 month afterwards.

It's a rigged game. When more people care about getting done early than holding mgmt accountable there is no point. Everyone knows they can target you. When they don't care how much they pay you, but want you to be the last one out the door--they will find a way.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Is he appointed or is he elected? If elected, get a group large enough to sign a petition to get another vote for steward, if what you say is true, it should not be difficult. If he’s appointed, I would be calling your executive board daily.
Answer his question.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The grievance I last filed was heard 11 months later (and the excuse was they scheduled the hearing during your vacation time but didn't notice at first).

and settled for .50 on the dollar as my cost to take it to panel for full amount would have been multiple 2 hour drives/hotel room....and they turned around and did it for the 11 months in between (filing and settlement) and started doing it again less than 1 month afterwards.

It's a rigged game. When more people care about getting done early than holding mgmt accountable there is no point. Everyone knows they can target you. When they don't care how much they pay you, but want you to be the last one out the door--they will find a way.
....and I think you have the role of a steward confused with that of a Business Agent.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Some people would rather complain, and then when you give them an honest, good answer and solution. ignore you.🤷‍♂️ Tell you it’s rigged and it’s impossible to change. SMH
I think it's more likely that they don't know the answer to the question, making their additional unsolicited assessment even more useless than it already is.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Some people would rather complain, and then when you give them an honest, good answer and solution. ignore you.🤷‍♂️ Tell you it’s rigged and it’s impossible to change. SMH
There are Stewards that can give the union a bad name. My first one was a 30 year driver, he was a prick with management, and always took time to listen to a beef. Had another that wasn’t competent, never should have been a steward. But if I had a problem I found other avenues, he wasn’t the end of the line. You can’t just give up because the steward isn’t great. I paid dues and was entitled to representation. I made sure I got my money’s worth when necessary.

Last edited: