Strike Vote

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I'm not sure you understand the role and duties of a steward?

....or the lack of compensation and gratitude that comes with the job.
02C5A80A-C9F7-4723-B932-77F823C70829.gif

Gratitude? Ill show you gratitude…Heres too all the afflicted stewards that get zero recognition for doing their job halfass, May they stand tall from the shoulders of giants every time they “misplace” 9.5 grievances. May they ride through the gates of Valhalla shiny and chrome every time they make back door deals with management. If its gratitude that a steward wants go work at a fire department and quit trying to find another hat to wear just so you can say “I was a union stuuuuweeee”

Thebrownblob

View attachment 435849
Gratitude? Ill show you gratitude…Heres too all the afflicted stewards that get zero recognition for doing their job halfass, May they stand tall from the shoulders of giants every time they “misplace” 9.5 grievances. May they ride through the gates of Valhalla shiny and chrome every time they make back door deals with management. If its gratitude that a steward wants go work at a fire department and quit trying to find another hat to wear just so you can say “I was a union stuuuuweeee”
If you have one doing that, put your hat in the ring. Stewards like that suck I agree, but most try to do a good job.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I agree wholeheartedly if you have a problem with your steward then grab a set strap it on and do better than that guy. Harder than it looks.
I used to want to be a steward. I still have co-workers telling me to do it. I dont want to represent some dirtbags especially one that’s a pedophile.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
If you have one doing that, put your hat in the ring. Stewards like that suck I agree, but most try to do a good job.
One of them used to be outstanding and then he went sour. He screwed my co-worker out of his grievance and told him he couldn’t file on management screwing with his route then that steward filed on the same thing he said couldn’t be filed on and got a decent check. It was grimey.

Thebrownblob

One of them used to be outstanding and then he went sour. He screwed my co-worker out of his grievance and told him he couldn’t file on management screwing with his route then that steward filed on the same thing he said couldn’t be filed on and got a decent check. It was grimey.
Stewards don’t really get to decide any of that. If they won’t take your grievance or if you feel they settled inappropriately, keep a copy of the grievance and call your BA, or if necessary, your principal officer of your local union.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My useless stewards didn’t even make a college try to inform people what was going on. No call, no text, no telegram. 112-4 in favor he tells me a week later. Theres over 200 employees… that johnny pencil pusher showed up for several hours in the evening allegedly. Didn’t even bring hot dogs
This is what I was referring to, which none of that was your steward's responsibility, it was the responsibility of you local officers and agents.

So instead of ridiculing him, you probably should have thanked him for any part he played in the strike vote.

But instead you go on this rant to change the narrative fit your perceptions:
View attachment 435849
Sounds like you too "found a new hat to wear" if you were once a "union stuuuuweeee"?
I used to want to be a steward. I still have co-workers telling me to do it. I dont want to represent some dirtbags especially one that’s a pedophile.
If you quit (which you didn't really say why you aren't the steward anymore) you threw out the baby with the bath water then.

....for what sounds like a convenient excuse from a self-righteous, sanctimonious someone who just couldn't handle the thankless job of being a steward.

I don't care what building you work in, I believe the vast majority of your coworkers are good people and worthy of being represented by a person as solid as you are pretending to be.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is what I was referring to, which none of that was your steward's responsibility, it was the responsibility of you local officers and agents.

So instead of ridiculing him, you probably should have thanked him for any part he played in the strike vote.

Sounds like you too "found a new hat to wear" if you were once a "union stuuuuweeee"?

If you quit (which you didn't really say why you aren't the steward anymore) you threw out the baby with the bath water then.

....for what sounds like a convenient excuse from a self-righteous, sanctimonious someone who just couldn't handle the thankless job of being a steward.

I don't care what building you work in, I believe the vast majority of your coworkers are good people and worthy of being represented by a person as solid as you are pretending to be.
Ooops, misread.

You were never a steward, but my sentiment remains the same.

Step up or shut up.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

Lol im not going to ridicule you for your comprehension skills but for your records i am not a steward, nor have I been. dont know what preconceived notion you had that you collected out of my “rant” that led you astray. Powerer by assumptions? Delusional paradigm? The only hat I am wearing is American…Sir.

As for my coworkers there are good dudes that outweigh the bad ones. Guys that dont have a problem doing the job theyre paid to do.

In conclusion I will consider what you offered earlier in your rebuttal that it is “someone else’s job” from the union to handle the strike vote. Its just confusing when this steward took it upon himself to make sure we voted on anything else in the past but fails to mention or convey something as serious as a strike vote. With the upmost respect Have a nice 4th of july.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Ooops, misread.

You were never a steward, but my sentiment remains the same.

Step up or shut up.
Always something admirable about a man who will die on his hill. My principles will prevent me from stepping up.

I know Messages can be easily misconstrued so I will tread lightly but I get this tingling inside that’s telling me you were/are a steward? Is that why you were triggered? Or are you just always caustic?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Stewards don’t really get to decide any of that. If they won’t take your grievance or if you feel they settled inappropriately, keep a copy of the grievance and call your BA, or if necessary, your principal officer of your local union.
I will make sure to pass this along to others, thank you. I get it we have an obligation to educate ourselves on what’s in our contract and everyone should but with something like this, that information isnt common knowledge when you have an issue with the union steward, BA etc… this is what I love about the BC is for people such as yourself. Tip of the hat to you

Thebrownblob

Always something admirable about a man who will die on his hill. My principles will prevent me from stepping up.

I know Messages can be easily misconstrued so I will tread lightly but I get this tingling inside that’s telling me you were/are a steward? Is that why you were triggered? Or are you just always caustic?
Your principles would prevent you from stepping up to take over for someone not doing the job correctly to help enforce a contract you work under? That’s odd.

And I believe @Bubblehead is quite a bit more than just a steward but that’s really not important nor is it important that he got wrong what he thought you were , he corrected the mistake and told you his opinion.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

I will make sure to pass this along to others, thank you. I get it we have an obligation to educate ourselves on what’s in our contract and everyone should but with something like this, that information isnt common knowledge when you have an issue with the union steward, BA etc… this is what I love about the BC is for people such as yourself. Tip of the hat to you
You certainly sound capable and intelligent, perhaps disenfranchised, and I do understand that can happen. Hopefully you will reconsider or back someone else who will take over the job of Steward and do a better job. Have a great rest of your weekend and a really good fourth of July.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I actually let it go on June 21st?

You were the one that got "caustic" with this reply this morning:
View attachment 435849

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Your principles would prevent you from stepping up to take over for someone not doing the job correctly to help enforce a contract you work under? That’s odd.

And I believe @Bubblehead is quite a bit more than just a steward but that’s really not important nor is it important that he got wrong what he thought you were , he corrected the mistake and told you his opinion.
I

Allow me to digress
0292CE44-44B1-41EA-B27C-0303A5C7D4BC.jpeg

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Probably some dirt bags everywhere but I don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. My general experience has been that the dirt bags weed themselves out.
Well hopefully they will and the chopping block comes after this ratification. No one is ever held accountable here. There are people at my center that will take packages for a ride get fired 3-4 times for it and back in 2 weeks. They get paid for a job that they dont want to do.. lol