Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

dmac1

Revenue increased by 250 billion between 2014 and 2016, Obama's last two years. It grew by only $150 billion after the tax cut during 2017-2019. That shows that the tax 'cut' led to a 40% DROP in the rate of revenue growth. So tax 'cuts' DO NOT lead to increasing revenue. Revenue was ALREADY increasing, and it SLOWED. Maybe if tax cuts were matched by spending cuts, MAYBE, the revenue would have increased, maybe not. Decreased spending can decrease GDP growth, and decrease revenue, and can lead to NEGATIVE rate of revenue growth just like under Trump. Going from an increase of an average $120 billion annually in revenue to a rate of $70 billion is NEGATIVE growth rate even as revenue did slightly increase. IF this is too much math, you are not qualified to discuss tax cut benefits or negatives. .

FY 2019$3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
FY 2016$3.27 trillion
FY 2015$3.25 trillion
FY 2014$3.02 trillion

dmac1

Here's a chart that clearly shows GDP did NOT grow faster under Trump. There was no real increase in the RATE of growth. If the tax cut was effective, we would see acceleration in the rate of growth- not just steady growth.

dmac1

Every driver that provides service for FedEx Ground is an employee and is treated and taxed as an employee. Do you even know what you’re complaining about?
Because the independent businesses are NOT allowed to hire contract drivers, unlike every other delivery business can do. Yes- this argument of yours proves you are running your own business on your own planning the way you see best.

vantexan

Revenue grew SLOWER under Trump- much slower. If the economy was booking as you state because of tax 'cuts' (deferrals) revenue would have grown FASTER than it did under Obama's 'weak' economy. Twist yourself up a little more. First you say that the tax cuts caused an increase in reveneue, now you have switched to , "well, because of the tax 'cut' revenue didn't grow as fast. Make up your mind!!!!!!
Only a Democrat would look at more revenue after giving everyone a tax cut and say that's horrible.

It will be fine

Because the independent businesses are NOT allowed to hire contract drivers, unlike every other delivery business can do. Yes- this argument of yours proves you are running your own business on your own planning the way you see best.
Why would I want to contract out the work? You think I would want to trust my income to random drivers that provide their own trucks and determine their own hours? That would be a disaster. To get reliable service that way would be far more expensive than how I currently operate.

dmac1

Why would I want to contract out the work? You think I would want to trust my income to random drivers that provide their own trucks and determine their own hours? That would be a disaster. To get reliable service that way would be far more expensive than how I currently operate.
That must be why Uber, Lyft, Grub hub, instacart, etc, etc, etc all use contract drivers. You already hire 'random' drivers and trust them. Your argument fits the title of the thread- STUPID

dmac1

Only a Democrat would look at more revenue after giving everyone a tax cut and say that's horrible.
There was NO tax cut. It was just deferred by adding it to the national debt. You fell for the hype, and yes, when running a huge record deficit, you should not be doing anything that reduces revenue growth. By doing so, you increase the debt, which means Americans owe MORE in taxes, not less. You clearly have math issues, and clearly are under the control of FOX and Trump, and believe whatever they tell you, even if they told you the exact opposite when Obama was in office.

It will be fine

That must be why Uber, Lyft, Grub hub, instacart, etc, etc, etc all use contract drivers. You already hire 'random' drivers and trust them. Your argument fits the title of the thread- STUPID
You really don’t understand the difference in business model between my company and Uber? That’s probably why you failed at Ground.

bacha29

You really don’t understand the difference in business model between my company and Uber? That’s probably why you failed at Ground.
"Company"? LMAO! Whether or not what you have is really a company is likely to come under the microscope of federal regulators , DOJ and congress in the not too distant future given the total domination imposed onto you by your one and only customer.

Now, I just came back from Walmart a short time ago which means that I'm a Walmart customer just as Fat Freddy as you claim is your customer and fortunately your only customer Even though I'm their customer I can't go walking up to management as say. " I want to buy this can of soup but before I buy this can of soup I want to know the following:

1. Who made the soup and where was it made?
2. How much are the people who made the soup being paid?
3. Before I'll buy that soup I demand to see the financial records including payroll of that manufacturer even though they're not my
employees because I'm so paranoid that I'm afraid that I might be held liable for labor law violations.
4. Who transported that can of soup to this store? Oh, so it was Walmart Transportation.
5. I require that I be given the opportunity to inspect that truck to see if it meets my appearance standards even though it's not my truck
6. How much are you paying the people who drove the truck and stock my can of soup?
7. And again as a condition of my being willing to buy your can of soup I the demand the right to inspect, audit and review your company
financial records despite the fact that they are privileged confidential and protected under US privacy laws. And if I discover that one of
one of your employees doesn't meet my standards I can fire that person regardless of the fact that I'm not his employer.

Oh, we understand the difference alright including the difference between what they're doing to you what they're getting away with and
what they couldn't get away with if contractors had the power and standing. And without power and standing you most definitely do not
have a "business' or "company".

oldrps

"Company"? LMAO! Whether or not what you have is really a company is likely to come under the microscope of federal regulators , DOJ and congress in the not too distant future given the total domination imposed onto you by your one and only customer.

Now, I just came back from Walmart a short time ago which means that I'm a Walmart customer just as Fat Freddy as you claim is your customer and fortunately your only customer Even though I'm their customer I can't go walking up to management as say. " I want to buy this can of soup but before I buy this can of soup I want to know the following:

3. Before I'll buy that soup I demand to see the financial records including payroll of that manufacturer even though they're not my
employees because I'm so paranoid that I'm afraid that I might be held liable for labor law violations.
4. Who transported that can of soup to this store? Oh, so it was Walmart Transportation.
5. I require that I be given the opportunity to inspect that truck to see if it meets my appearance standards even though it's not my truck
6. How much are you paying the people who drove the truck and stock my can of soup?
7. And again as a condition of my being willing to buy your can of soup I the demand the right to inspect, audit and review your company
financial records despite the fact that they are privileged confidential and protected under US privacy laws. And if I discover that one of
one of your employees doesn't meet my standards I can fire that person regardless of the fact that I'm not his employer.

Oh, we understand the difference alright including the difference between what they're doing to you what they're getting away with and
what they couldn't get away with if contractors had the power and standing. And without power and standing you most definitely do not
What does your contract with WalMart stipulate?

bacha29

What does your contract with WalMart stipulate?
What does the FXG contract stipulate? When it comes to an FXG contract it doesn't matter what that unilaterally drafted and implemented contract stipulates FXG doesn't consider it binding upon itself.

A FXG regional "contractor relations" (LMAO) manager who was about to retire took me out to the parking lot where we could speak privately and said: I'm retiring so I really don't care so I'll tell you this in confidence. This company does not consider any term or condition in that contract to be binding upon it itself".

So what does that tell you? What it tells me is that contractors have no standing regardless of what the language of that contract may or may not say. And while there may be a "business model" in play here but due to their lack of standing what contractors have is in no way shape or form a "business" .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What does the FXG contract stipulate? When it comes to an FXG contract it doesn't matter what that unilaterally drafted and implemented contract stipulates FXG doesn't consider it binding upon itself.

A FXG regional "contractor relations" (LMAO) manager who was about to retire took me out to the parking lot where we could speak privately and said: I'm retiring so I really don't care so I'll tell you this in confidence. This company does not consider any term or condition in that contract to be binding upon it itself".

So what does that tell you? What it tells me is that contractors have no standing regardless of what the language of that contract may or may not say. And while there may be a "business model" in play here but due to their lack of standing what contractors have is in no way shape or form a "business" .
Why your incessant efforts to ‘save’ someone who is making money and doesn’t need to be ‘saved’?

Oh. Yeah. Because YOU were in their situation at one time and were incapable of making money.

AKA Sour Grapes.

oldrps

Do you have a copy of the current contract? I doubt that you do, if so, post it here so we can all see what it says. I doubt you have any idea what is in it.

The contract that you were under is long gone. If RPS/Ground did not care about the contract back in the days when you were a contractor, then why did I have to cross every T and dot every I when I was working with contractors over 20 years ago. You sound like a contractor who should have left after four or five years after signing the contract. You should have seen the "fiasco" that was going on and left. How long did you stay on as a contractor?

It will be fine

You could certainly make those requests and if Walmart thought your business was worth it they could provide answers. Let me know how it goes.

vantexan

There was NO tax cut. It was just deferred by adding it to the national debt. You fell for the hype, and yes, when running a huge record deficit, you should not be doing anything that reduces revenue growth. By doing so, you increase the debt, which means Americans owe MORE in taxes, not less. You clearly have math issues, and clearly are under the control of FOX and Trump, and believe whatever they tell you, even if they told you the exact opposite when Obama was in office.
Tell that to all the people who got more in their pockets. You're desperate to put down anything positive Republicans do.

bacha29

You could certainly make those requests and if Walmart thought your business was worth it they could provide answers. Let me know how it goes.
I'm not talking from a business perspective from the standpoint of a customer and Fat Freddy by your own admission is your customer , you're one and only by the way and the limits that I as a customer can demand compared to the limitless demands that your customer can demand of you.

bacha29

Do you have a copy of the current contract? I doubt that you do, if so, post it here so we can all see what it says. I doubt you have any idea what is in it.

The contract that you were under is long gone. If RPS/Ground did not care about the contract back in the days when you were a contractor, then why did I have to cross every T and dot every I when I was working with contractors over 20 years ago. You sound like a contractor who should have left after four or five years after signing the contract. You should have seen the "fiasco" that was going on and left. How long did you stay on as a contractor?
Coming from a guy who appears to no longer be in the employment of the company. And who cares if you had to cross T's and dot I's on a contract that was and still is unilaterally drafted and implemented from a company that will not negotiate with the contractor's third party representative and requires a NDA ?

oldrps

Coming from a guy who appears to no longer be in the employment of the company. And who cares if you had to cross T's and dot I's on a contract that was and still is unilaterally drafted and implemented from a company that will not negotiate with the contractor's third party representative and requires a NDA ?
Coming from a guy who is no longer contracted with Ground.

My point is about the T's and I's is RPS/Ground legal department is very specific on how we documented our actions with contractors. You would never know this as you were a contractor and you didn't see this. If something came up legally, RPS/Ground, was ready for a challenge because of this. I am guessing if you had a problem, you were not prepared and documented your problems. I know for a fact that contractors did win all cases against the company. If RPS/Ground did not have a solid case, as in terminating a contract, they did nothing, contractor was not terminated.

Bacha, you seem to know everything there is about the past contracting with RPS/Ground, but I can tell you from experience, you don't. I couldn't care less if you were lied to, you live in the most poverty stricken, mud slick roads with four foot deep snow in the mountains with no sunlight. You knew the area you were at and you kept contracting with the company. I would have felt sorry for you were misled if you left within five years, but if I remember right you went over 20 years. You knew what you were in and kept going, that is on you, not Ground.