Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

dmac1

Democrats are more than welcome to support Christianity. But that would mean giving up some things the Dems support to get the liberal vote.
Real christians actually support 'liberal' policy that helps feed the poor, care for the sick and elderly. And don't give me the BS that liberals support abortion. Liberals support staying out of a person private medical decisions. The only two Christian things conservatives want are to ban abortion and promote their version of christianity with public funding for private religious schools.. If a group of Muslims was demanding prayer in schools, the same idiots would be fighting to keep prayer out of schools. And when Muslims start getting public school funds to teach kids in madrassas, they will suddenly be against giving private schools any tax dollars.

vantexan

You were effin born here. How is that fair??? It isn't fair- just luck of the draw. You are nothing more than an illegal but you happened to be born a few hundreds miles away.
Just because you have so much hate doesn't make people coming here to work any less valuable and less deserving of fair and humane treatment than you are..
You're being silly. I spent 5 years in three locations on the border. I'm living in Mexico now. And yes I'm well aware of how fortunate I am to be an American citizen. But that doesn't mean our country doesn't have the right to regulate who comes into the country. There's a legal process. And also unfortunately along with decent, hard working people there are a lot of criminals who come in too. Murder, rape, theft, drugs, it's a serious problem that you can't just sweep under the rug. I'm in favor after getting the wall built having a guest worker program. Bring in workers that companies need to do jobs that companies can demonstrate they can't get locals to do. Of course that defeats the purpose of bringing in millions and giving them citizenship so that they can vote Democrat. For the umpteenth time, the Democrats own Andrew Yang has spelled out the coming wave of automation and artificial intelligence that will by his estimates eliminate 30% of the workforce by 2030 and 50% by 2050. Exactly what are we to do with all of these out of work people? Much of the kind of work that illegals do will be gone. Are you considering the long term ramifications? And lest you think otherwise American and other foreign companies are all over Mexico. People have jobs here. They need to keep developing their own country and not rely on the American taxpayer to take care of their unemployed for them.

dmac1

Easy to say, but that bill had much more spending than just Covid relief checks. Only 9% of the money being spent is on Covid relief. A lot of that almost 2 trillion is bailing out blue state governments on their pension funds, unions on their pension funds, etc. So if a state or union has the right politics they can be bailed out in spite of their mismanagement. The day may come when you realize we can't just keep spending and should have listened to those trying to keep us from going over a fiscal cliff.
Word for word from FOX.
If covid caused massive budget shortfalls, then sending money to local governments IS covid relief.
Getting the economy going again with infrastructure spending IS covid relief.

You need to stop believing everything FOX tells you. It makes people really ignorant.

If pension funds are closer to failure due to a bad economy due to covid, then yes, bailing out those pension funds IS covid relief. Tax revenues from local taxes is way down, and employment taxes funding relief programs like UI are way down due to covid, so getting those programs back on a level footing is covid relief. Planning ahead for the next pandemic by building new rural hospitals IS covid relief.

If you really believe that none of the funding -other than that directly related to treating the already sick or supplying vaccines- is covid relief, you haven't been paying attention for at least the past year. And from your clear lack of knowledge exposed in previous posts, you haven't been paying attention to anything but right wing propaganda since at least 2009.

And Trump just gave corporations and the wealthy $1 trillion a year, and you praised it. There is something missing in your thought process that should be more connected to reality.

dmac1

You're being silly. I spent 5 years in three locations on the border. I'm living in Mexico now. And yes I'm well aware of how fortunate I am to be an American citizen. But that doesn't mean our country doesn't have the right to regulate who comes into the country. There's a legal process. And also unfortunately along with decent, hard working people there are a lot of criminals who come in too. Murder, rape, theft, drugs, it's a serious problem that you can't just sweep under the rug. I'm in favor after getting the wall built having a guest worker program. Bring in workers that companies need to do jobs that companies can demonstrate they can't get locals to do. Of course that defeats the purpose of bringing in millions and giving them citizenship so that they can vote Democrat. For the umpteenth time, the Democrats own Andrew Yang has spelled out the coming wave of automation and artificial intelligence that will by his estimates eliminate 30% of the workforce by 2030 and 50% by 2050. Exactly what are we to do with all of these out of work people? Much of the kind of work that illegals do will be gone. Are you considering the long term ramifications? And lest you think otherwise American and other foreign companies are all over Mexico. People have jobs here. They need to keep developing their own country and not rely on the American taxpayer to take care of their unemployed for them.
You are taking US tax dollars and giving them to Mexico instead of supporting American businesses, yet you are so self righteous about protecting America. You clearly don't know that you are a hypocrite.

vantexan

Real christians actually support 'liberal' policy that helps feed the poor, care for the sick and elderly. And don't give me the BS that liberals support abortion. Liberals support staying out of a person private medical decisions. The only two Christian things conservatives want are to ban abortion and promote their version of christianity with public funding for private religious schools.. If a group of Muslims was demanding prayer in schools, the same idiots would be fighting to keep prayer out of schools. And when Muslims start getting public school funds to teach kids in madrassas, they will suddenly be against giving private schools any tax dollars.
Of course Christians do. Got a good look at that close up this summer. But the majority don't support abortion. I've said openly that I can see if the fetus doesn't have a heartbeat or brain activity, and thus can feel no pain, then I guess that would be ok.

It's odd that you point out Muslims and prayer because as you know it's settled law that prayer isn't allowed. So it's a moot point. If the Muslims are meeting the education standards for curriculum then they are more than welcome to have their own private schools. Would be interesting to see how many Muslim countries would allow the same for Christian private schools.

vantexan

Word for word from FOX.
If covid caused massive budget shortfalls, then sending money to local governments IS covid relief.
Getting the economy going again with infrastructure spending IS covid relief.

You need to stop believing everything FOX tells you. It makes people really ignorant.

If pension funds are closer to failure due to a bad economy due to covid, then yes, bailing out those pension funds IS covid relief. Tax revenues from local taxes is way down, and employment taxes funding relief programs like UI are way down due to covid, so getting those programs back on a level footing is covid relief. Planning ahead for the next pandemic by building new rural hospitals IS covid relief.

If you really believe that none of the funding -other than that directly related to treating the already sick or supplying vaccines- is covid relief, you haven't been paying attention for at least the past year. And from your clear lack of knowledge exposed in previous posts, you haven't been paying attention to anything but right wing propaganda since at least 2009.

And Trump just gave corporations and the wealthy $1 trillion a year, and you praised it. There is something missing in your thought process that should be more connected to reality.
Those governments were struggling long before Covid hit. And Trump's tax breaks made it possible for those companies to hire and expand. I know you think CEO's spend all their time swimming in pools of cash and gold coins, but truth is companies are ever trying to improve themselves to be even more profitable for their shareholders. But hey let's bring in that perfect corporate world of Europe where high unemployment and high costs are the norm.

vantexan

You are taking US tax dollars and giving them to Mexico instead of supporting American businesses, yet you are so self righteous about protecting America. You clearly don't know that you are a hypocrite.
I'm giving U.S. tax dollars to Mexico? You seem to have missed the class on freedom. I'm not obligated to stay in the U.S. and suffer with my small pension. It goes twice as far down here making it possible to get by with little stress. Doesn't mean I don't love my country. I served in the Air Force, how 'bout you?

AB831

I served in the Air Force, how 'bout you?
You know the uneducated “intellectuals” are throwing in the towel when they bring up A) their “common sense” or B) their military service. You’ve chosen the latter. Dano will be on here later tonight to demonstrate the former.

Last edited:

vantexan

You know the uneducated “intellectuals” are throwing in the towel when they bring up A) their “common sense” or B) their military service. You’ve chosen the latter. Dano will be on here later tonight choosing the former.
So if someone calls me a hypocrite I can't point out I served and ask if he did? I managed two years of college when my stepmother got cancer and my dad's business went under. So I quit and joined the Air Force. As far as being an intellectual goes I've been a voracious reader all my life. And as you should know there's always something new to be learned. It's the ones who hold themselves up as having all the answers and denigrate anyone who disagrees with them who truly act uneducated.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I saw that you posted like 15 responses, and I didn’t read any of them. I just press the laugh emoji, and keep on scrolling.
OK. You claimed to be a Christian. As a Christian, do you agree that homosexuality is sin and that a marriage is between a biological man and a biological woman?

Don't want you to have to scroll through like 15 responses, ya know!

59 Dano

Did Christ ever say that gays are an affront to god, or was that some old testament bs written by haters like you?
Since you asked, Christ said that marriage is between one man and one woman and there are other references to homosexuality in the new testament.

59 Dano

They are people of faith and people of religion. People of faith can think for themselves. Religion want somebody to do that for them. An therefore if some back woods bible thumper with a GED and a preachers license tells his equally impressionable and uneducated followers that Christ said that gays were an affront to God even though God never said anything one way or the other.
Except when he created the woman to be the companion for the man or when he punished homosexuality.

59 Dano

Real christians actually support 'liberal' policy that helps feed the poor, care for the sick and elderly
There is zilch in the Bible that commands, advocates, supports, or addresses in any way the idea that the government is obliged to tax the citizens to pay for aid to the needy.

And don't give me the BS that liberals support abortion. Liberals support staying out of a person private medical decisions.
Interesting that their concern for privacy begins and ends with an act that deliberately targets black babies for slaughter.

AB831

OK. You claimed to be a Christian. As a Christian, do you agree that homosexuality is sin and that a marriage is between a biological man and a biological woman?

Don't want you to have to scroll through like 15 responses, ya know!
I believe that Jesus died for all sins, even the ones you cherry pick to personally revile.

AB831

Since you asked, Christ said that marriage is between one man and one woman and there are other references to homosexuality in the new testament.
For anyone else reading this, Jesus never said that. He implied it by saying that a man shall leave his parents and be joined as one with his wife in Matthew 19:5, but considering he spent his entire 3 year ministry healing the sick, forgiving sins, and rebuking religious bigots like Dano, it’s pretty evident that he didn’t target homosexuality like millions of people who claim to follow him do.

vantexan

I believe that Jesus died for all sins, even the ones you cherry pick to personally revile.
Yes he did. And we all sin and come up short. The difference is that someone truly trying to practice Christianity admits when he sins, asks for forgiveness, and attempts to not do that again. Where people go wrong is saying they don't care what the Bible says, they're going to do what they want. And the Bible clearly lists homosexuality as a sin. In terms of sex the only acceptable sex in the Bible is between a man and woman married to each other. Doesn't mean people don't give in to temptation and certainly sexual sin is probably the easiest to give into. But let's be clear. The Bible states that relatively few will enter into heaven. How many that is I don't know. But most people won't. It's up to you to save yourself because there's no guarantee. God's grace covers us, but only to the extent we are making a good faith effort to comply with his will. If someone has convinced you that you can do whatever you like and still enter into heaven then you might want to check that against the Bible.

bacha29

Yes he did. And we all sin and come up short. The difference is that someone truly trying to practice Christianity admits when he sins, asks for forgiveness, and attempts to not do that again. Where people go wrong is saying they don't care what the Bible says, they're going to do what they want. And the Bible clearly lists homosexuality as a sin. In terms of sex the only acceptable sex in the Bible is between a man and woman married to each other. Doesn't mean people don't give in to temptation and certainly sexual sin is probably the easiest to give into. But let's be clear. The Bible states that relatively few will enter into heaven. How many that is I don't know. But most people won't. It's up to you to save yourself because there's no guarantee. God's grace covers us, but only to the extent we are making a good faith effort to comply with his will. If someone has convinced you that you can do whatever you like and still enter into heaven then you might want to check that against the Bible.
I get such a kick out of you so called "Christians" . You rail against abortion but also rail against the COVID bill which helps to pay for safe child care so all of those lazy "welfare queens" can get off their lazy butts and get a job and provide working class parents with refundable tax credits to help lift them out of poverty which is the greatest threat to the kids you demand be brought into the world regardless of the kind of world they're brought into..... And all this coming from a guy who admits hasn't paid FIT in years.

And BTW, here you are by your own admission looking into going for your disability. Well, just remember one thing. SSD is based on "work suitability". When they see that you're healthy enough to take off to " Mekiko" and well as other global destinations you're still suitable for work.