Super Bowl

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Our VP of operations(my day gig) put out the following e-mail regarding Thursday Parade

In lieu of the upcoming Eagles parade, we need to take steps in how we can best service our customers in the areas within, and around, Center City Philadelphia, this Thursday. Anticipated crowds of 2 million people (or likely more), will start converging on the city, beginning early on Thursday morning. Amtrak lines from the Tri-State area, are already sold out, Septa is offering free transportation, and the major roads leading into the city will likely be heavier than usual. In short, it will be very challenging to make deliveries in the Center City area, and the surrounding areas, this Thursday.

I am asking all sales persons who handle customers working in or around the Center City area, to please call them and inquire how they are planning to manage the day. If they are aware of anything critical that they will need, it would be helpful if we could make those deliveries tomorrow, or delay until Friday. We cannot possibly predict how our deliveries will be impacted on Thursday. We will do our best, but I would anticipate serious problems at the least………..our guess is we would need to be in and out of the city, before 8AM, beyond that, it will only become increasingly difficult to get around the streets.

Please provide any and all pertinent information, with respect to deliveries, to Logistics, as you learn of them. Your input is important, and appreciated.

We also realize that there are a number of ‘die hard’ Eagles fans, who would like to attend the parade, and our respective department heads, branch managers, and distribution center managers, are working to find a balance of having proper staff, while recognizing a historic moment in Philadelphia Sports, and allowing some employees to attend the parade. Everyone’s understanding and cooperation in this matter, is very much appreciated. (Personally, I can’t believe this many people want to come to Philly, just to get some free Bud Lite!)
This is bad free beer along the parade route !

More to come, as we get a better sense of how we will be handling.

Congratulations Eagles, and the fans, who have waited a long time for this Championship!

As a department head I will be manning my desk as usual then leaving for the twi'shift @ 5

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
upload_2018-2-6_14-18-54.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I will say just one more thing on this subject. I have yet to see any videos of Minnesota people throwing beer cans at Eagles fans and telling them to get friend'ed in front of their kids when they came and visited us but I can still post a dozen videos showing how the Eagles fans treated us when we visited your town.
Ever been to a Vikings game wearing a Packers jersey? The wife was nervous.