Supreme court to rule on union dues

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Sorry, I am trying to not be an ass all the time! I really am!!

cachmeifucan please, for the love of god, stop! English teachers all over the world are slitting their wrists every time you post!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
This summer the highest of the courts will rule that my union dues are optional. I will gladly pay because I understand what dues represents but most of the uneducated people might pull out so I hope our teamsters leadership doesn't let us down. Because if we get a crappy contract alot of people will be opting out

This decision covers Public Union emplyees only

Boston25

I hate when people have the mentality that well it only covers public sector. A blow to one is a blow to all. What makes people think that the republicans and anti union politicians won't come after private sector employees?

Tony Q

I hate when people have the mentality that well it only covers public sector. A blow to one is a blow to all. What makes people think that the republicans and anti union politicians won't come after private sector employees?
With 27 right-to-work states already I don't know how people can think this only affects public sector. Republicans are so anti worker its like racism against the working class. It's almost a mere image of Trump. Yet they vote for them based on religion, guns and hate.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Raising taxes hurts workers importing cheap labor hurts workers yet democrats advocate for this every day.
And vice versa
tumblr_osyh31SQ2w1vs69vco1_500.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Same rights. You realize public safety is unionized right? That's police and fire. Do you want to get rid of their unions as well?
I must be on the opposite side of the field: pro-union for everyone except the police or other aspects of the enforcement/detention sector.
They should need to take public input and approval in bargaining as they have heavy impacts on the accountability of public enforcement (stuff that could land the recipient with huge fines and jail time rather than "my package was late smdh") . Refer to all the NYPD union vs. body cameras shenanigans that happened last year. And also refer to the disconnected reporting structure of police shooting statistics.

MAKAVELI

I must be on the opposite side of the field: pro-union for everyone except the police or other aspects of the enforcement/detention sector.
They should need to take public input and approval in bargaining as they have heavy impacts on the accountability of public enforcement (stuff that could land the recipient with huge fines and jail time rather than "my package was late smdh") . Refer to all the NYPD union vs. body cameras shenanigans that happened last year. And also refer to the disconnected reporting structure of police shooting statistics.
When you start deciding who can and who cannot unionize, you can kiss your own union goodbye. I'll agree that some unions have too much power in setting workplace rules but you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

cachmeifucan

Thanks for criticism on my typos. But I'm not trying to be grammatically correct because u don't get extra credit. So for the small brain union guy I guess there are many others that think this decision will have a repercussions. Blowslave I'm still waiting for the numbers since you are obviously educated. U probably have at least 1 year of junior college