Supreme court to rule on union dues

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You gotta be kidding. The reason our contracts are getting weaker is because unions as a whole are getting weaker, once the whole country goes RTW (which this decision could hasten but which seems inevitable anyway) we will lose even the credible threat of a strike. The fact that you think a court decision which will weaken unions will somehow lead to stronger contracts is an indictment of our educational system.[/QUOT

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Organized labor is the strongest and always has been in the Northeast. RTW is from the south. The climate and mentality of organized labor in the south has been the breeding ground for RTW.
I asked a Coke driver in South Carolina if he was a Teamster and he said " What's that ?"
The numbers speak for themselves. Least percentage of union employees ever . RTW has spread north and west to include 27 states.
Two generations ago workers knew their voices would not be heard without representation. It will take at least two generations to die before the tide begins to turn and a generation will come on the scene and look at this time in history and ask" What were they thinkin'?"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm almost positive there was 1 cost of living adjustment given back not sure when it's every 5 years.

No, there has not been a COLA every 5 years.

There was one in the late 80's or early 90's for .10 cents.

The last one was in the early 2000's and it was for .22 cents.

That's it.

Yo bug what don't you understand if you try to tell us it's been getting better any credibility u had is gone it's getting worse

For someone who claims to have been @UPS for 22 years....

You have a foggy memory, or are listening to TDU or goofball FZ.

-Bug-

cachmeifucan

Thank you for clarification I only remember getting 1 for .12 cents. But the government evaluation of inflation and c.o.l.a is every five years it has to reach a certain percent threshold.

cachmeifucan

Did everyone see the supreme court ruling. Now tell the unions to fight for improvement. Soon this will affect our union. Do your job or people will pull out the unions. I'm voting NO

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Did everyone see the supreme court ruling. Now tell the unions to fight for improvement. Soon this will affect our union. Do your job or people will pull out the unions. I'm voting NO
It’s only the beginning....the ruling sets precedence which will be used against all private sector unions. You are correct that member will start to “decertify” themselves out of frustration over various issues.

cachmeifucan

Yeah so they better start working harder for the members or that's right they will pull out. I posted about this month's ago. I have conservative values. Like no same sex marriage civil union is OK for benefits and insurance purposes. No abortion and definitely no government funded abortion. Small government, low taxes. But my dues work against my values. And I'm still a drive member not sure why.

cachmeifucan

Some of the case was based on janus what's more control over his 401k. I wonder what kind of new lawsuit is coming. Maybe the choice to be a teamsters should be a option at a low tier problem solved if u don't want to be in union you make less and no benefits

Box Ox

You are correct that member will start to “decertify” themselves out of frustration over various issues.

A UPS contract passing with 22.4s in it would make me think about it A LOT. But I still wouldn’t shoot off my own cock (pay and benefits) by going through with it. We of course disagree on whether we’d get even greater pay without the Union.