Supreme court to rule on union dues

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I hate when people have the mentality that well it only covers public sector. A blow to one is a blow to all. What makes people think that the republicans and anti union politicians won't come after private sector employees?

This seems to be a done deal so I’m happy it only covers them right now while we fight to have things go back our way. When our members were voting for Trump, they didn’t realize they were sealing their fate with the Supreme Court for years to come.

MAKAVELI

Public unions are notorious for breaking the law and disobeying their own union rules. That kind of behavior drags down the rep of all unions. Teachers around the NW love to engage in unsanctioned and illegal strikes.
And I'm sure those school districts had no responsibility in those actions, right? The bottom line is you can get rid of all public unions and then get ready for private sector unions to die. The Teamsters have a long history of corruption and mafia ties. You might want to clean up your own backyard before you look at your neighbor's.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
And I'm sure those school districts had no responsibility in those actions, right? The bottom line is you can get rid of all public unions and then get ready for private sector unions to die. The Teamsters have a long history of corruption and mafia ties. You might want to clean up your own backyard before you look at your neighbor's.
" The mob's not coming back in the Teamster Union . We've gotten rid of them , and we're free to be free of government supervision . " -- James P. Hoffa

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Funny, but when there were mob ties, we never worried about politicians creating a RTW. Say what you will, the more corrupt we were, the stronger we were.

Staydryitsraining

If the union was smart (hahahaha) they would have already introduced a parallel path for people who dont wish to join the union. Different pay, different raises, different everything. No hourly should be getting the same as one who pays dues.

brown_trousers

It is just expected that the school district, like UPS, is going to play hard ball, busting our balls to negotiate for what they want. The difference is, we Teamsters aren't all going on rogue illegal strikes every chance we get. That kind of behavior gives all unions a bad reputation.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the union was smart (hahahaha) they would have already introduced a parallel path for people who dont wish to join the union. Different pay, different raises, different everything. No hourly should be getting the same as one who pays dues.
RTW laws prevent the union from doing that.

MAKAVELI

It is just expected that the school district, like UPS, is going to play hard ball, busting our balls to negotiate for what they want. The difference is, we Teamsters aren't all going on rogue illegal strikes every chance we get. That kind of behavior gives all unions a bad reputation.
Teamsters have had a bad rep for decades. Ttku