Surepost being shown delivered by center team.

LIGUSA

The system does not merge packages together if there is a suite or apartment number/letter in the address string. Therefore multiple surepost packages with this information do not end up on package cars, but go to the post office.
As far as asking management and account executives, we have. Still waiting for answers for a long time. Showed AE one day a package for business stop on one route and a surepost package for the same business destined for the post office. Really confuses business'. They see both packages in their tracking information and we do not show up with all the packages?
Does anybody know why packages that have suite/apartment information do not merge with other packages for the same stop?

10 point

Management says that their local system doesn't have control over it. We get ZERO one pkg proximity stops now. We got multiple one pkg proximity stops during peak of 2013. Now, nothing.

They can flag every residential stop with a questionnaire if it was stop completed as commercial and vice versa but the "system" can't see duplicate and commercial stops that are sent to the p.o.? The Union hasn't held the company liable to the implementation of diverting proximity stops "when available"?
Sure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Management says that their local system doesn't have control over it. We get ZERO one pkg proximity stops now. We got multiple one pkg proximity stops during peak of 2013. Now, nothing.

They can flag every residential stop with a questionnaire if it was stop completed as commercial and vice versa but the "system" can't see duplicate and commercial stops that are sent to the p.o.? The Union hasn't held the company liable to the implementation of diverting proximity stops "when available"?
Sure.

As I said above, our PDS is really good about diverting proximity and commercials Surepost packages back to us for delivery. He doesn't get all of them but he does get most.

10 point

Surepost is dispatched as part of the preload. We don't start until 9:30. Coming early to watch the smalls sort could be considered loitering and grounds for dismissal of any grievance(s) filed during that time.
If you deliver to the p.o. it's easily checked.
As I said above, our PDS is really good about diverting proximity and commercials Surepost packages back to us for delivery. He doesn't get all of them but he does get most.
Our management says they have no control over it. The "system" does it is their excuse.
Someone is lying.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Surepost is dispatched as part of the preload. We don't start until 9:30. Coming early to watch the smalls sort could be considered loitering and grounds for dismissal of any grievance(s) filed during that time.
The union should be able to request a printout of all surepost packages any day they like. The packages should be marked if they were diverted back to us or delivered by the post office.

The union goes through and checks for anything that should of been diverted and ups pays a penalty on all of those.

That's my opinion on how it should work.

Drink Craft Beer

On my pre-load, surepost doesn't stay on the entire shift. It usually gets turned off with about 1/2hr (sometimes earlier or later) before we'll be done. When turned off, then the surepost package is scanned, the label has it going directly to the truck instead of getting bagged.

What's the chances that a residence is getting 3 packages that day, 2 get bagged and the other one scanned straight to the truck cause surepost was shut off??

Is that a possibility as to why us and USPS are delivering to same resi address every now and then?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you deliver to the p.o. it's easily checked.

Our management says they have no control over it. The "system" does it is their excuse.
Someone is lying.
I know that as an ECS clerk , I had discretion whether or not the packages go into the white bags or go on the cars. If I PAL them, no matter what it says for consignee, it becomes an individual stop on a drivers car, rather than lumped in a bag.

Craft Beers comments are correct. The surepost setup in our hub, is down over an hour before most drivers start times. And even before that, there are clerks that are PAL'ing surepost packages onto cars (throughout the day and night prior to preload)

So it's more complicated than some of you talking about this, are thinking it is. Had a talk with our preload center manager about this more than once.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On my pre-load, surepost doesn't stay on the entire shift. It usually gets turned off with about 1/2hr (sometimes earlier or later) before we'll be done. When turned off, then the surepost package is scanned, the label has it going directly to the truck instead of getting bagged.

What's the chances that a residence is getting 3 packages that day, 2 get bagged and the other one scanned straight to the truck cause surepost was shut off??

Is that a possibility as to why us and USPS are delivering to same resi address every now and then?
If there are 3 packages they should all be getting sent to the truck.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

If the package is forecasted all 3 should be going to the truck and not ever see the surepost area. When surepost is "shut off" it's only affected whether it gets bagged or not.

LIGUSA

Surepost does stay on. Just because the small sort is shut down for Surepost, doesn't mean packages are not still not sent to the post office. I get large packages for the post office that will not fit into a bag. Most days of the week it is above 300 packages.

10 point

If the package is forecasted all 3 should be going to the truck and not ever see the surepost area. When surepost is "shut off" it's only affected whether it gets bagged or not.
Here's the issue we see...
The co can hold sp pkgs for a day becuz a forecasted dupl address is due there the next day to be combined into our delivery but it can't recognize two or more pkgs forecasted and processed during one sort and move them to ups drivers to deliver? There's to many of them sent to the p.o. and commercial consignees as well.

That's not even proximity stops.

I agree with @Brownslave688. Produce a daily log of end users for the drivers to monitor and compare with their manifests and get this stopped.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Here's the issue we see...
The co can hold sp pkgs for a day becuz a forecasted dupl address is due there the next day to be combined into our delivery but it can't recognize two or more pkgs forecasted and processed during one sort and move them to ups drivers to deliver? There's to many of them sent to the p.o. and commercial consignees as well.

That's not even proximity stops.

I agree with @Brownslave688. Produce a daily log of end users for the drivers to monitor and compare with their manifests and get this stopped.
Couldn't tell you. I have never really seen the issue you are describing. Especially with the commercial packages. Proximity, sure. But the commercial problems have never been a problem in the centers I've been in.