Surepost being shown delivered by center team.

LIGUSA

Commercial Surepost is not an issue here either.

Do you deliver the post office?
When it is mentioned Surepost is not a problem, do you mean commercial stops do not go to the post office? I do deliver to a post office. Did have 2 commercial stops directed from my route to the post office. Also business closed on Saturday. Other business stops from other routes were also directed to the post office. Maybe a few more that were bagged up.

As far as proximity stops, I had several for my area today go to the post office. Is all UPS on proximity directed to package cars or just certain areas? I do not see it in my center.

10 point

When it is mentioned Surepost is not a problem, do you mean commercial stops do not go to the post office? I do deliver to a post office. Did have 2 commercial stops directed from my route to the post office. Also business closed on Saturday. Other business stops from other routes were also directed to the post office. Maybe a few more that were bagged up.

As far as proximity stops, I had several for my area today go to the post office. Is all UPS on proximity directed to package cars or just certain areas? I do not see it in my center.
A.) USNY has no clue what actually goes to the p.o. and without an exhaustive print out no one can claim that they know.
B.) Proximity stops are a ghost issue. Call the IBT Package Division and ask them about how they're policing and validating the technology to implement the proximity stop language that is in the 2013 CBA. I'd like to hear what the answer is....
again.

LIGUSA

A.) USNY has no clue what actually goes to the p.o. and without an exhaustive print out no one can claim that they know.
B.) Proximity stops are a ghost issue. Call the IBT Package Division and ask them about how they're policing and validating the technology to implement the proximity stop language that is in the 2013 CBA. I'd like to hear what the answer is....
again.

Hard to explain to customers at times, especially the kids when they meet you at the truck to get their package only to find out you are stopping for their neighbor/neighbors house and their package was left at the post office. Also explain to the business that since their address contains a suite, your surepost packages were left at the post office.

10 point

I was told by a guy in the pkg division that if the pkg going to a commercial address is designated to a specific person for their personal use then it's considered a residential stop.

I said what the heck?! How are we supposed to know that and police it?
He didn't know.
Unbelievable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was told by a guy in the pkg division that if the pkg going to a commercial address is designated to a specific person for their personal use then it's considered a residential stop.

I said what the heck?! How are we supposed to know that and police it?
He didn't know.
Unbelievable.
That's a come he load of bull.

It's all about the address. Nothing else.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He defended the company like he was the company. KB is his initials. Good luck with his support.
Nothing gets my blood boiling more than when a union official tells you their interpretation of the contract and you're like wait that's exactly what management would say.

LIGUSA

Couldn't tell you. I have never really seen the issue you are describing. Especially with the commercial packages. Proximity, sure. But the commercial problems have never been a problem in the centers I've been in.

Today I had several commercial stops going to the post office. Two of the stops I had another package for that did go to their address. Issue is when the address contains a suite number. Same goes with residential stops with apartment numbers. Also if only one surepost package comes in for the business and nothing else is for their address the package goes to the post office. If you do not see this, what does the dispatch do in the centers you have been in?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Today I had several commercial stops going to the post office. Two of the stops I had another package for that did go to their address. Issue is when the address contains a suite number. Same goes with residential stops with apartment numbers. Also if only one surepost package comes in for the business and nothing else is for their address the package goes to the post office. If you do not see this, what does the dispatch do in the centers you have been in?
I would have to sit at the dispatch computer and see what is wrong. Sounds like the address is in the system as residential when it should be commercial.

LIGUSA

I would have to sit at the dispatch computer and see what is wrong. Sounds like the address is in the system as residential when it should be commercial.

It has to do with the address containing a suite or apartment. Is there a selection relating to a campus selection if that means anything.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
again.
They have no idea how many packages are going to the post office... When they are bringing mashers full into the po something is wrong !!!

10 point

Wrong.
I have a funeral home that they have signed delivery notices in the garage so we punch the Deliver key and we get the NO DR message because it's always been commercial.
I have pulled many pkgs out of the surepost bulk addressed to the town's post office that are for that funeral home and brought them back to the clerk for rerouting for the ups driver to deliver the next day.
What's the excuse for that?

They've got technology to know what we do all day, a blue tooth microphone in the diad to listen to our conversations, GPS to within a few feet of the diad and the "system" doesn't recognize like addresses but rejects one for DR and sends the surepost to the po violating the CBA.

Sounds like route reduction and manipulation via electronic dispatch to me.

LIGUSA

I know we have the problem of residential streets listed as commercial. It messes with ORION. ORION will have you break off and deliver an airsaver by 3:00 pm. Or start your day digging for pacages in the 4T and 4B sections.

LIGUSA

They have no idea how many packages are going to the post office... When they are bringing mashers full into the po something is wrong !!!

They do know how many we are leaving there. Over 250 today. They might not be aware of how many we are leaving there and also having a UPS stop for the same address or same truck stop position.
I don't see how leaving packages say for the UPS store at the post office is better than giving to delivery driver with the other packages for the UPS store. I was paid to deliver to the post office then UPS will pay the post office to deliver to the UPS store.

Many other issues I am seeing also. Three packages today for the same stop from Amazon sent to the post office. Address did not contain an apartment number. The PAL was blackened out, like the ones you see go the the final address, but these were directed to the post office?????