Surepost causing routes to be cut

Catatonic

Nine Lives
On some TV show the other day, a newsy was saying that the reason no one is hiring is because the corp's are squeezing every ounce of productivity from their current employees. JMHO, but until the reaches the breaking point, it is going to continue.

That is the business reality in this uncertain business environment and economy. It is the prudent thing to do.

air_dr

The following is a repeat of a longer post on page 7. No one engaged any of the issues I brought up, but I'll ask this part again:

I have heard nothing about surepost at work, though as an afternoon air driver, I am SO out of the loop on things. It is on BC that I first heard about telematics, long before I heard anything mentioned at work, any only llike 4 months ago, telematics went live for us. Anyway, I am in the Midwest, and the hub serves a territory that has no rural parts. No one seems to be saying anything about Surepost. Is this something that is being introduced gradually, one area at a time?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyway, I am in the Midwest, and the hub serves a territory that has no rural parts. No one seems to be saying anything about Surepost. Is this something that is being introduced gradually, one area at a time?

It is being introduced one shipper at a time going to anywhere in the US.

It is a contract only service offered by UPS in reaction to the loss of shippers and their packages to the FedEx SmartPost service. This is not a general service offering ... only by contract.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The following is a repeat of a longer post on page 7. No one engaged any of the issues I brought up, but I'll ask this part again:I have heard nothing about surepost at work, though as an afternoon air driver, I am SO out of the loop on things. It is on BC that I first heard about telematics, long before I heard anything mentioned at work, any only llike 4 months ago, telematics went live for us. Anyway, I am in the Midwest, and the hub serves a territory that has no rural parts. No one seems to be saying anything about Surepost. Is this something that is being introduced gradually, one area at a time?
In your area it might still be being referred to as "Basic", the old name. Ask around your hub which routes are currently delivering to the USPS, and how many routes have been cut, and you will begin to get the picture.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In your area it might still be being referred to as "Basic", the old name. Ask around your hub which routes are currently delivering to the USPS, and how many routes have been cut, and you will begin to get the picture.

And keep in mind that those routes would have been cut anyway with the supporting jobs and money going to FedEx SmartPost.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
And keep in mind that those routes would have been cut anyway with the supporting jobs and money going to FedEx SmartPost.
And when all the packages can be delivered by the USPS, and all the routes dispatched from the USPS, I will be wearing a two tone blue uniform, waiting to see if the congress will allow 16000 job cuts due to tanking profits, and Hoke will have to move to Bangalore to manage the call center. We will never know how many routes could be in place if the service was ran more sensibly. One thing is certain though, less hourlies, less management, less overhead, more profit. For the post office too.