Swing Incentives??

dex 84

I only became a swing because it was the fastest way to full time. If I had known what it was truly like, I would have stayed PT nights and continued to eat up AM overtime hours. $.30/hour isn't worth it. Add that to the fact that less than half of the (22) swings at my station have any idea what they are doing. Those of us that do get used and abused.

It's more than $.30/hr. Your base should've gone up by over a dollar along with the addition of the $.30/hr differential...

Swngdrvr

It's more than $.30/hr. Your base should've gone up by over a dollar along with the addition of the $.30/hr differential...

It didn't. All I got was .30 on top of what I was making. The most recent swing before me also only got .30/hour. Almost 6 years in and still less than 19/hour.

Swngdrvr

GFT? Talk to HR? You got hosed.

I had always heard swings got over a dollar raise. But I asked the guy who got swing before me and he said all he got was 30cents too. Somewhere along the line someone told me they did away with that and the only thing we got was the swing premium of .30/hour

dex 84

I had always heard swings got over a dollar raise. But I asked the guy who got swing before me and he said all he got was 30cents too. Somewhere along the line someone told me they did away with that and the only thing we got was the swing premium of .30/hour

Sounds like someone locally is playing games with your hourly rates because all I've ever heard of or seen is the $1+ raise plus the 30 cent differential. I wouldn't let this one go if i was you. You could be entitled to quite a bit of back wages...

whenIgetthere

When I was a swing in level H, I got a buck/hour, plus the 30 cent premium. When I was a swing in level B, I got 67 cents/hour plus the 30 cent premium. Has that since changed?

Swngdrvr

Sounds like someone locally is playing games with your hourly rates because all I've ever heard of or seen is the $1+ raise plus the 30 cent differential. I wouldn't let this one go if i was you. You could be entitled to quite a bit of back wages...

They would owe me at least $5,000 if what you are saying is true.

Preventable

I'm B market level and I think I make about $1-1.3 more than normal couriers. I have a few years under my belt but a normal courier was complaining that a swing he was training made more than him by like 20 cents ( he has like 7-9 years in I think). I sort of enjoy the swing lifestyle (although I am starting to see why most the dinosaurs did it a few years then gave it up, sort of silly they want you in on Mondays at 6 one week then 8:30 the next), but if it was only a 30 cent differential I would have already taken a normal route. Also whoever was talking about using and abusing the swing drivers they know know what they are doing is spot on haha. Especially the dispatchers, when I first started "U GONNA BE OK?" "GOOD WORK =D THX" "PICKUP REASSIGNED." Now whenever I hear my powerpad go off, its like oh god where are they sending me now. Especially Fridays! how do all you normal couriers struggle so much with your pickups on Fridays?

overflowed

You make more than A and B market level drivers with 10 years... be happy. ;)
I've been around. You would maybe say the highest market levels make more but they get it the worst. How can someone making that money pay 3000 dollars a month for a one bedroom. I think a few markets down is the sweet spot. Been there , but it's boring. Everyone owns a home and stuff. Just nothing or nowhere to go.

Sparky

What market is MassWineGuy and what market are you in? That might account for the difference. I'm in Denver and, with 16+ years, I'm over $23.

My courier class teacher (NYC) told us up front that her class was 'Mr Rogers Neighborhood'. She was going to teach us the 'correct' way of doing things and that things would be different once we get out in the 'real world'.

Both of them are really good to be honest I was in N's class while a few others hired near the same time as me were in what's her faces class. I think a few months after that was when class got cut down to 3 days

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What market is MassWineGuy and what market are you in? That might account for the difference. I'm in Denver and, with 16+ years, I'm over $23.

My courier class teacher (NYC) told us up front that her class was 'Mr Rogers Neighborhood'. She was going to teach us the 'correct' way of doing things and that things would be different once we get out in the 'real world'.

Great point about Courier College. If you go by the book, you'll never survive the job.

BootsOnTarmac

I cried after my three day courier school because it was taught so poorly that it would have been better to skip it and go straight to driving a route. I won't mention names (Webb in the Bostonian District's district hq).

I couldn't be a swing driver because I'd go insane having different routes each day. The OP is very undervalued. I make 18.90/hour after two years.

I'm in the Boston region.

Okay.

Can we keep the Fedex employee's who are just doing their job as best they can do, making a living, from being called out on a public forum? Feel free to comment on any publically listed Officer of Fedex.

fdxsux

Okay.

Can we keep the Fedex employee's who are just doing their job as best they can do, making a living, from being called out on a public forum? Feel free to comment on any publically listed Officer of Fedex.
Yeah, especially Fred S. I get tired of everybody dragging his name through the mud.

!Retired!

Last I heard, swings got somewhere in the 1.00-1.50 more range. But, that was 10 years ago.

People at the local level can't 'play with your hourly rate'. Once you're in the system as a swing, the computer kicks in what you should be making.