Swing Premium

Yomama11

We have two full time routes open...I'll be taking one of those since I only will lose 15 cents from being a swing...I'm at step 2 swing and I'll be step 3 as a reg courier..it's a no brainer

Yomama11

That's all the info the SM gave ..he said they don't want to see swings step down because of the step progression system..if you ask me swings should top out in 5 years...and should never have to lose their swing pay if they step down

swinginthewind

My SM also said they were trying to INCENTIVIZE swing spots more as to hire more from the inside. Off the street swing turnover is out of this world. That's all he told me though

Swngdrvr

The swings they hire off the street at my station are utterly useless. Can't read a map, no work ethic, and not willing to learn how to do the job correctly. And the managers do nothing to remedy it.

whenIgetthere

Went in for training yesterday, and manager asked me to come in his office first, then the other managers and senior manager came in, too. Thought I was being fired, but nope, they were trying to get me to bid on an open swing position. Said, h-ll no, and walked out to do my training. Never will I go back to a swing.

fdxsux

My SM also said they were trying to INCENTIVIZE swing spots more as to hire more from the inside. Off the street swing turnover is out of this world. That's all he told me though
I like how FedEx is always "trying" to do stuff. They are "trying" to incentivize the swing position. They are "trying" to top out the mid range more quickly. As if it's rocket science. We can figure out how to get a pkg from Tokyo to New York overnight, but we can't for the life of us figure out how to pay our employees more.

Swngdrvr

I'm not going to get excited about this. They will play it up and then come out with something useless. They've already taken the .30 premium from us, I'm sure whatever this is won't even equate to that. If it does, it won't last long.

I hope I'm wrong.

Express Courier

lol :censored2: swing life. I like knowing what time I will be waking up each day and what time i'll be off. OH and what route I'll be doing and where I can grab a bite to eat or grab a shady spot to chill on my break.

swinginthewind

lol :censored2: swing life. I like knowing what time I will be waking up each day and what time i'll be off. OH and what route I'll be doing and where I can grab a bite to eat or grab a shady spot to chill on my break.

Eh its not too bad once you get around to knowing your entire station area, I get moved around a ton but my managers usually take care of me and I take care of the work that needs done. Been a swing for 4 years would love to have been at step 4 but ill take this hefty 8% raise im getting and hold on to the hope that Fedex cant/won't go back on the step systemy