Talks started

moreluck

golden ticket member
Press ReleaseSource: UPS

Teamsters, UPS Starting Early on 2008 Contract Negotiations
Tuesday September 19, 1:53 pm ET
DETROIT--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 19, 2006--The International Brotherhood of Teamsters and UPS (NYSE:UPS - News) today opened negotiations on a new contract to replace a six-year pact that expires July 31, 2008.
"While it is unusual to start this early, we do so because there are some very complex issues to address and we all recognize it will take time to find solutions," said John McDevitt, UPS's senior vice president for Global Transportation Services. "And an early start to negotiations greatly increases the chances of an early finish."
"Ultimately, the only way to solve complex issues is through the collective bargaining process," McDevitt added. "Starting almost two years early is the right thing to do for UPS employees as well as customers whose business depends on UPS."
The Teamsters union represents roughly 238,000 UPS hourly workers in the United States.
UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain services, offering an extensive range of options for synchronizing the movement of goods, information and funds. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS serves more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. UPS's stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange (UPS) and the company can be found on the Web at UPS.com.

hungrydude5

I was able to join the union in may of 2005 since i got my days in.....am I in a new contract or under an old one? This guy who has been at my center for 6 years keeps saying "You guys must be under the new because im under the old......." so this new contract....is it going to affect me or what? I rarely see the union steward cuz im a local sorter in the trailer and I can't just jump out of a trailer with 1500 packages coming down to me to ask........

hungrydude5

I see I see, so what the hell. I didn't get a pay raise in august like everyone else did, i have 2 years in...........am i pro-rated?

B

babboo25

oops your a part timer, I thought u were Driver, u should have gotten a raise.